News This Compact Case for M.2 2230 SSDs Looks Incredibly Sleek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Fox

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2015
While this case is cute and compact, having no extendable cable and the connector in the middle like this makes it really only suitable for use with Android phones. I wouldn't be able to plug it into the rear of my PC where the USB-C port is at all due to the ethernet cable blocking it. I wouldn't be able to plug it into the side of my laptop where the USB-C is or it would block the charging port and my other USB ports.

Li Ken-un

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
There is a form factor designed specifically for removable NVMe storage in a sturdy enclosure: CFExpress.

There is also a passive adapter which turns an M.2 2230 into a CFExpress type B card. No detachable parts, no vulnerable connectors (USB-C male) sticking out, and just about the smallest size you can go down to to shrink-wrap your M.2 in metal.

Andrew Fox

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2015
I am not sure if this is supposed to be a removable storage, it seems to be marketed as a regular external drive enclosure. The use of a male USB-C connector is just puzzling to me though, i'm not sure what devices they have in mind for it. Normally drive enclosures have a female connector and come with a USB-C cable to connect it between devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.