This computer is not running genuine Windows. 0x8004fe21.

hackysack

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I purchased a computer from someone on the internet a little over a month ago. I was told that the Windows installation is genuine. Everything has been fine for the most part up until the past few days. I have been getting a pop up which seems to happen every 5-6 hours that says, This computer is not running genuine Windows, along with a code at the bottom 0x8004fe21.

Doing my own research into this, there's a lot of things that could be causing this pop up to happen even if you actually do have a genuine installation of Windows. I tried a few of the fixes for some of them, but I'm still getting the pop up.

Under system properties it does say that Windows is activated, and when i hit Start and type in activate windows and click on it, it says activation was successful. BUT, when i check online to validate my windows, it says. Files that Windows needs to work properly have been modified, removed or disabled. To resolve, you need to install genuine Windows.

Is there something i can check to know FOR SURE if the copy of Windows on my computer is genuine or not?