This computer is not running genuine Windows error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabcal98

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2013
I built my computer a couple months ago and bought my Windows 7 copy at a Tiger Direct store. About two days ago it has said that my copy of windows isn't genuine, but when i go into my computer properties it says that my Windows copy is activated. My product ID is below it as well. Is there any way to solve this?

Solution
In another thread someone reported update KB3004394 being the problem. ~2 days ago would fit with patch Tuesday. Try uninstalling this update and see if the problem is fixed. You might need to use the phone method to get back up and running.

4745454b

Titan
In another thread someone reported update KB3004394 being the problem. ~2 days ago would fit with patch Tuesday. Try uninstalling this update and see if the problem is fixed. You might need to use the phone method to get back up and running.

Solution

Nickafur

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
The pop-up I got gave me an option to validate online, which the first few times hadn't worked. Instead, it just sent me to a page to upgrade/purchase a copy.

After removing the update, and finishing the remainder, the pop-up appeared again yet it did validate correctly that time around. Hence why I assumed it was the kb update.

gabcal98

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2013
Ok, it's been about five hours since I have installed KB3024777, and I haven't had any popups, so I think that fixed it. This KB update was a hotfix for 3004394.

Priscilla Turner

Reputable
May 18, 2015

If nothing else works, look here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-activation-technologies-an-unauthorized-inside-look/ for instructions how to edit the Task Scheduler so that this error never pops up for up to 365 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.