Question This device cannot start (code 10)

Jul 25, 2022
I have two m.2 drives a 500gb and a 1tb the 500gb has my operating system and apps such as discord/steam. The other I use for my games/clips I’ve had the pc for about a year and put the 1tb sabrent rocket 4.0 in when I got the pc. I’ve had no issues at all with it and haven’t downloaded anything within 3 days prior to having any issues. I log on after work like any other time and try to start a game and get the message that says I don’t have it installed and it’s looking for it on my pc. I check file explorer and only see my 500gb m.2 listed I went to device manager it shows my 1tb with a yellow ‘!’ Symbol next to it in the notes it says (This device cannot start. (Code 10) An I/O adapter hardware error has occurred.) the drive isn’t detected in the BIOS

I have tried:
Updating BIOS
Updating drivers (says newest drivers are installed)
Clean install of windows
most things that Google told me to do surrounding this code 10 issue - and,
———-
Swapping slots on motherboard between the two m.2’s this WORKED for about 4 days and in the middle of my gaming session my pc completely pooped itself, my game froze I closed the game on task manager which took 2 minutes for it to process. When I finally got back to my Home Screen I couldn’t start the game back up because my hard drive wasn’t detected.

any advice helps, my specs:
i9 10900k
GeForce RTX 3080
MSI MPG z490 gaming edge WiFi

Jul 25, 2022
I emailed sabrent about it told them what I had tried and based off me swapping slots on the mobo and the 500gb m.2 stayed consistent on both slots but their 4.0 drive quit again after a few days I ran a test on crystal, and on their sabrent tool. Crystal showed the drive 99% dead while sabrent tool showed 100% health. They said they are going to start the exchange process. When the new drive comes in I will update here on whether the problem persists with a new m.2. Kind of sucks losing all my data on that drive, however, it was just all my games and clips over the last several weeks nothing too important lost.