"This file is not binded to a program!" And No internet! - Please help me out!

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
So, i need to format a pc that has been acting really wierd, But i get this error whenever i click on some windows file/program it gives me this error:

"C:\Users\Name\Appdata\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel..."
"-This file have no binded program that could procceed this action. Install a program or if the program is already installed. You need to create a link in "Standardapplications" in control panel"
-Sorry if it's not 100% correct translated. But you get the idea.

I can't do anything like run the "Set back in time" function or the "Remove everything and install windows"

I do have the Windows 8.1 CD, but whenever i set the boot prioity to load the disk first. It gets stuck on BIOS or Command line "-"
I tried using 2 diffrent methods for loading the CD. 1 the old CDrom that's in it and 2, a new USB Cdrom i used. But neither will load it.

The computer has no internet aswell. Even when plugged in. I tried using 2 diffrent cables and such. And i have used a PCIe network card. Wich doesn't seems to work aswell.

And theres some Anti-Virus crap that i can't removed because it says access denied. Wich is wierd. I built this computer for a couple for about a year ago. And when i installed Windows i gave all the access permissions to the main user account.

Windows is installed on a 120gb SSD (Because they wanted to pc to start quickly)

I have also tried cleaning regstry with CClearner and running a Malewarebytes scan. But none seemed to have an effect.

But theres something that's clearly wrong and it's out of my knowladge.

Please, if anyone can help me. I will be very very happy.

System specs:
Intel Core 2(?) Dual core 3.0ghz
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia GT 440
Motherboard: No clue. An old Asus MB

Solution
to bind a program, right click on its icon on the desktop and select open with. you then select a program from the options and create an association.
there isnt a way to do this from the cmd prmpt as far as i know.

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Sorry i took your time- But i think i found a way to force it to start reinstall Windows by a CMD Command i found. Hopefully it will finish the install again sorry i took your time. I sould've looked this up before i posted this thread.

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014

Thanks. I will try this if it happends again. But i found a CMD command to basicly reset the standard settings. Wich it denied. I couldn't remove or really do anything. So what i'm guessing is a very bad virus of some sort. Since it kept acting wierd and constantly popped up with infected files and stuff like that.

But i manged to get it cleaned up with a fresh installment of Windows 8.1. Thanks.