News This Intel LGA1151 Motherboard Comes With An Embedded GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Only about two and a half years too late. Darn. Can't wait for the LGA1200 + GTX 1650 Super version to come out in 2022! Price: $500.
My sense is that it was created for a specialized product (e.g. console, all-in-one PC, etc.), and now they're selling off some overstock/replacement parts. The non-stardard form factord and weird connector configuration is just screaming this. It's even possible they used it for some kind of video surveillance (facial recognition) appliance, since a GTX 1050 Ti packs nearly 2 TFLOPS of compute power.

If the part is being sold in very low volume and as a repair part, then the inflated price is justified. If it's just overstock, then maybe they're starting high and trying to find what price the market would support.

In either case, it'd be interesting to know how much lag exists between the US and Chinese markets. My sense is that they get new products about the same time as we do, but maybe it takes 6 months or more for cost-reduced models to start ramping the volumes in their market. For sure, a GTX 1050 Ti is not as obsolete there, as it is here.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I was thinking HTPC if it supports 4k/60Hz thru HDMI, but the 1050ti is so outdated now!
The 1050 Ti is normally a 75 W GPU. Cooling it with that size of cooler means the fan will ramp up to rather high RPMs. Sure, you could throttle back the clock speeds, but I still think it's not ideal for HTPC.

As for the GPU's age, the GTX 1650 is only about 20% faster, though it burned about 20% more power in gaming benchmarks. So, depending on your priorities (e.g. cost, power, heat), the GTX 1050 Ti could still make more sense.

Reactions: ThatMouse

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Personally I feel this board is a fail. Right off the bat, the cost is a turnoff. Secondly, its not a small board from the picture. For the built in GTX 1050 TI, you lose all the PCIE ports that you normally get on a MATX board, and even the RAM slots are down to 2 Sodimm slots which again will add up to the cost (since Sodimm tend to cost more than an equivilent desktop ram). It is a niche product, and I feel there are too many compromises with this board to make it attractive.

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
My sense is that it was created for a specialized product (e.g. console, all-in-one PC, etc.), and now they're selling off some overstock/replacement parts.

ATM perhaps? Some of them use facial recognition nowadays. Soldering the GPU onto motherboard would help prevent tampering.

OldNoobette

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
The ZA-SK1050 is a very interesting Intel B150 motherboard from Chinese motherboard maker Zeal-All.

This Intel LGA1151 Motherboard Comes With An Embedded GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Read more
cp7DRZTtJHtXVKEbSyNL5k-650-80.jpg

I just realized that this would make a great mod for an old PS3 fatty case. OR an old XBOX case