[SOLVED] This is all going to fit right?

Aug 14, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pDNhmg

I'm upgrading my PC/also turning it into an htpc cause I never spend any time at my desk anymore. I'm looking a the Corsair Air 240 rn; it'll fit nicely in the credenza below my TV. I just want to make sure everything will physically fit in there before I order stuff. I've never done anything other than a normal full tower before.

Ik it's a weird jumble of parts. the 1600x is going in there cause I already own it, I'll probably upgrade later. Same w/ the AIO cooler. Going with a cheap mobo because I don't know what I'm gonna replace the 1600x with down the road. Don't judge me haha.

My existing PSU is going in too. It's a full-sized, fully-modular 750W. I don't remember exactly what I bought and don't want to check.

If there are going to be clearance issues, can yall recommend good htpc cases? The space it has to fit into is 16Dx14Hx17W inches.

Solution
Double whammy: fit the components into the case and then fit the case into the credenza.

Nothing wrong per se with working with a weird jumble of parts. Except they all may not fit.

You cannot determine what will and will not fit without making careful measurements along with checking and confirming component sizes.

Remember there may or may not be some tolerances or other room for error.

E.g., PSU.

And you must pay special attention to the case: both internal and external measurements.

Air flow and ventilation is important inside the case.

You must also allow for air flows around the outside of the case. And cables.

Without knowing the measurements and specifications (for all components and the case) it is very likely that...

Ralston18

Titan
Double whammy: fit the components into the case and then fit the case into the credenza.

Nothing wrong per se with working with a weird jumble of parts. Except they all may not fit.

You cannot determine what will and will not fit without making careful measurements along with checking and confirming component sizes.

Remember there may or may not be some tolerances or other room for error.

E.g., PSU.

And you must pay special attention to the case: both internal and external measurements.

Air flow and ventilation is important inside the case.

You must also allow for air flows around the outside of the case. And cables.

Without knowing the measurements and specifications (for all components and the case) it is very likely that something will simply not fit in.

"Good case" or not.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS