This is driving me crazy, yet again 1/4 cores of 6700K is running hotter then the rest.

ghal

Prominent
May 27, 2017
SO I've been overclocking, the second CPU is covered by their insurance plan for overclocking, but still - twice? There must be something else going on.

No problem with paste, since the other cores are running 70C in prime while Core #2 throttles the thing as it runs 30c higher. All fans are running. The case is as ventilated as it can possibly get, i.e 6 case fans + 2 on my CPU cooler, a noctua nh-d15.

Sure I've in prime and real bench had an average temp of 80C - but that should not cause this after less than 24h total testing time. AIDA is running at 70.

I have no idea what is going on, one could guess broken sensor but on two CPU's? really? that seems extremely unlikely.

Please, anyone out there, what can I do???

Sorry but I'm frustrated and upset, just got out of school today and was going to spend some time overcklocking and gaming.

Solution
In the bottom left corner of the main real temp windows, you'll see a button, says sensor test, click it an see what it says about the sensors themselves, if they are out by miles each, send the cpu back.

ghal

Prominent
May 27, 2017

real temp says the same thing

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017
In the bottom left corner of the main real temp windows, you'll see a button, says sensor test, click it an see what it says about the sensors themselves, if they are out by miles each, send the cpu back.

Solution

ghal

Prominent
May 27, 2017

I am actually heading to the store now.