This is my current build. Will these upgrades work and make WoW run smoother in 25man raids??

Hayesthemage

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
This is my current build. I want to upgrade and am on some what of a budget. I will link the upgrades after the build (Processor and GPU)
Case 1 x NZXT Source 210 Gaming Case-Black
Case Lighting None-
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction None-
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion None-
Processor 1 x AMD FX-4100 CPU (4x 3.60GHz/4MB L2 Cache)-
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive None-
Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD]-Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 1 x 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card 1 x AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB-Single Card
Video Card Brand 1 x Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA-
Motherboard 1 x ASUS M5A97 -- AMD 970-
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface 1 x Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface-
Power Supply 1 x 600 Watt - Standard-
Primary Hard Drive 1 x 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Data Hard Drive None-
Optical Drive 1 x 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
2nd Optical Drive None-
Flash Media Reader / Writer None-
Meter Display None-
USB Expansion None-
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MJHSFG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BVYXEL822RF0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009O7YU56/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Solution
Can you take a look at the load percentage of your GPU and CPU when WoW lags and post them? That will tell us which component is the bottleneck and which requires the most upgrading.

Posting those stats will only reduce the amount of money you may have to pay for upgrades however. The upgrades you linked will more than amply upgrade performance. However, I'm inclined to recommend you get the FX-6300 and use the savings to get a better graphics card, such as the GTX 760. The graphics card would probably be mostly overkill for WoW, and I suspect that if you only intended on playing WoW you would most likely only need a CPU upgrade. In which case you might as well get the FX-8320 (which would still be...

AmethystKT

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
You'll definitely improve performance, but for WoW alone 8 cores is overkill. If you want to upgrade your CPU, go with something like the FX-4350, it has the newer Piledriver architecture and is clocked by default at 4.2Ghz instead of 3.6Ghz, or you could also simply overclock your current CPU.

The new graphics card will be fine though, but you could also use the money you saved from not getting a CPU to get a graphics card that's even better, like an HD 7870 or GTX 660Ti.

Good choice on the CPU ;)

It will perform far better than that 4100. The 4100 is bulldozer architecture (complete flop) and the 8320 is piledriver which improved on it a lot. Much better performance overall, singificantly better single-core performance (for example, when I went from bulldozer to piledriver my FPS has at least doubled in single-threaded games, which WoW is).

Decent graphics card choice. I feel you'd be happier if you could stretch to a 7870 though (we'd have pretty similar builds haha).

So yes, WoW would run smoother.

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished
Can you take a look at the load percentage of your GPU and CPU when WoW lags and post them? That will tell us which component is the bottleneck and which requires the most upgrading.

Posting those stats will only reduce the amount of money you may have to pay for upgrades however. The upgrades you linked will more than amply upgrade performance. However, I'm inclined to recommend you get the FX-6300 and use the savings to get a better graphics card, such as the GTX 760. The graphics card would probably be mostly overkill for WoW, and I suspect that if you only intended on playing WoW you would most likely only need a CPU upgrade. In which case you might as well get the FX-8320 (which would still be overkill for WoW, but would be a nice upgrade). Like I said, it all depends on the current GPU/CPU load, so my recommendations might change after you post the loads.

Also, if you could post the resolution/settings you play at, that would also be helpful.

If you're wondering why I'm suggesting the hardware I am, it's because I'm basing my suggestions off Tom's Hardware benchmarks and trying to get you the best price to performance ratio.

DonQuixoteMC

Solution

Hayesthemage

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

So everything else looks good if i add those two?? Like cooling and everything?

Hayesthemage

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

I am going to have it done. I just don't want to buy anything that will not work together. Can you double check and make sure everything is good to go? I am going to order! Thank you so much

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished
Sorry for not being clear about how to look up your hardware loads. A this point, it doesn't seem necessary. If you would like to know anyway, just let me know.

Either way, the 8320 is overkill. I would still go for the 6300 with a more expensive GPU (Like the one I linked).
If the GTX 760 doesn't fit in your budget, look through this guide for a good GPU that will fit your price range.

And yes, the hardware you picked will all work together fine!

DonQuixoteMC

TRENDING THREADS