[SOLVED] This is problem? My m bios chip and b bios chip look like melted

Nov 28, 2020
Hi, my Motherboard Gigabyte b460m ds3h have some problem.. i think

My m bios and b bios look like melted.. that is problem?

I just bought a computer from a shop, but I thought this shop was a little sneaky, they said it happened because of the time of the making ... but I don't think so

what is exposed on the motherboard first if a short circuit occurs and the psu used is of poor quality

My spec
I3 10100
Gigabyte b460m ds3h
Msi gtx1650 super gaming x
Apacer 2x8 2666mhz
Aerocool lux 550 watt
Ssd midasforce 256gb
Hdd seagate 2tb

Images of chip

Solution

Images of chip
In manufacturing, the BIOS chips (EEPROM's) are individually programmed and tested with the production BIOS in a processing step that's separate from and prior to motherboard assembly and soldering. The production techs will put a white dot in a small recess that's usually molded in the body of the device to identify it as a programmed part.

The other device (next to what looks like a front panel USB 3 connector) is likely also programmable and will get the same treatment.

I'm pretty sure that's all you are seeing. It's nothing to worry about.

I just bought a computer from a shop, but I thought this shop was a little sneaky, they said it happened because of the time of the making ... but I don't think so

what is exposed on the motherboard first if a short circuit occurs and the psu used is of poor quality

My spec
I3 10100
Gigabyte b460m ds3h
Msi gtx1650 super gaming x
Apacer 2x8 2666mhz
Aerocool lux 550 watt
Ssd midasforce 256gb
Hdd seagate 2tb

Images of chip
VRM is usually first to go because of faulty PSU but that can also happen to other components.

Images of chip
In manufacturing, the BIOS chips (EEPROM's) are individually programmed and tested with the production BIOS in a processing step that's separate from and prior to motherboard assembly and soldering. The production techs will put a white dot in a small recess that's usually molded in the body of the device to identify it as a programmed part.

The other device (next to what looks like a front panel USB 3 connector) is likely also programmable and will get the same treatment.

I'm pretty sure that's all you are seeing. It's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Solution