This is the build im about to buy, need cpu cooler help

Zack Heltz

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014

Since I'm in college and working only average 20 hours a week sometimes less would is it alright if I buy each part from my build separately each week? Because I don't have the $700 to spend right away. some weeks I could buy 2 or three of a part

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
when building a computer it is best to save your money and purchase all your parts at the same time. well first off buying the parts individually if you get a part that is not working, dead on arrival, you will not know until you complete your system build, then it is possibly you have wasted the RMA time. so just wait until you get all the money then purchase all the parts at one time

besides, you can't do anything with individual parts....

Zack Heltz

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014

Alright sounds good. And can you explain if its difficult to instal LED strips in the tower? and if u can give me a good LED strip that is blue ! Thanks man!

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
sure no prob. i'm not much into astethics on computers but i did find this.

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-CB-LED10-BU-Sensitivity-Sleeved-1-Meter/dp/B0046Y7OF0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1414722872&sr=8-7&keywords=blue+led+strip+computer

it's highly rated on amazon and also included in the package is double sided tape so you can affix it to your chasis. i do not believe you have to use the supplied pci bracket. it's for controlling the brightness, but i'd use it anyway just for control. it is power by a molex connector and i'm pretty sure whatever power supply you purchase will have a spare molex no doubt