This is the Microsoft Store Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolve60

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
maybe they should use another fruit as their logo, instead of an apple they could use an orange or something, maybe even a strawberry.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I think it's absolutely hideous. It looks out-dated already, like its from the 80's. They should just stick with the Microsoft type-face, it's classy and simple and has the brand recognition. They should stick with black and white, and to differentiate from apple they should use the blue and green hues from the default vista wallpaper.

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
How many different ways can Microsoft made 4 boxes of set colors look different? ... at least one more apparently.

Actually, i do like on XP how the Win symbol looks like a flag...

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Good to see Microsoft copying Apple. How much money do you guys want to bet they have their own Windows "geniuses".

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]evolve60[/nom]maybe they should use another fruit as their logo, instead of an apple they could use an orange or something, maybe even a strawberry.[/citation]

LOL! :)

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Logo's are stupid. The Apple logo is stupid. This logo is stupid. I like how Sony does their "Sony Style" stores just actually writing Sony Style on the top of the entrance. If only I wanted anything inside the Sony store.

At the end of the day the logo is supposed to tell me what the company is and when I look at that logo I think "Windows." I think the windows flag would have been a much better choice but I still like it.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I know Windows is the only reason Microsoft still exists (no Windows means no tying of other software to the OS). However, I would think the store should pursue its own brand, rather than trying to simply say "Hey, we sell Windows". I mean, Microsoft should try to educate the average joe that computers run more software than just what comes pre-installed on it, and that Microsoft makes most of that software too. Seriously, not counting Office and Windows, who goes out and buys Microsoft software? I never bought Encarta or Money or TripPlanner or any of the crap Microsoft makes. I only ever saw them because they came on the computer.

Not that I'm a Microsoft fan, but if I was running the show, I'd try to get more products out there into the hands of the public.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I know Windows is the only reason Microsoft still exists (no Windows means no tying of other software to the OS). However, I would think the store should pursue its own brand, rather than trying to simply say "Hey, we sell Windows". I mean, Microsoft should try to educate the average joe that computers run more software than just what comes pre-installed on it, and that Microsoft makes most of that software too. Seriously, not counting Office and Windows, who goes out and buys Microsoft software? I never bought Encarta or Money or TripPlanner or any of the crap Microsoft makes. I only ever saw them because they came on the computer.Not that I'm a Microsoft fan, but if I was running the show, I'd try to get more products out there into the hands of the public.[/citation]

Microsoft sells mice, keyboards, video games, video game consoles, web cams, and has a slew of software available to purchase. I'm sure they will push other companies hardware in the store but I don't think they'll have a problem filling the shelves.

maxcue

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
I like it. It's a little garish but you can make the MS connection right away, I think. And to hellwig, logos *do* have a function: they communicate something to you at a glance. Whether you like or respect what it conveys is up to you.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
No matter who much we dislike Apple. Apple store was successful because it was carefully designed to show case not only their products but also their brand image, creativity, and style... well... in another work.. their carefully and creativitly packaged marketing stragety.
So what MS store is going position itself?

A MS product museum/gallery? hmm... not very interesting..
Another bestbuy/tigerdirect store? better not...
A computer corner store? hmmm.... will be tough...
A MS tech support center? hmm...... guess it is going to be packed all the time...lol
A MS product expo for current and future MS products? for showcaseing something like Surface or something.... hmmm can be cool... but need some smart and standout design...

The bigest difference between MS store, and Apple, Sony style, and Samsung stores... is that all Apple, Sony, and Samsung have a lot of "hardware" for display while most of MS's products are softwares which are more difficult to showcase. MS do have some hardwares to showcase but with Zune, Xbox360, probably Natal (forget about keyboard and mice... they can not be the center piece of teh store)... it is going to make MS store look more like a MS entertainment center. Is that what MS want to portrait themself?

If yes... that is fine.... but if not... their marketing team better think about something really cool... not just somethings like "windows computers are cheaper"... or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.