News This Is What AMD's Radeon RX 6000 "Big Navi" Looks Like

InvalidError

Titan
Lets see if they can not pull a Radeon 7 / 5700XT again both in terms of reliability and pricing again
Or an RX5600 with its post-launch spec change that screwed many AIBs and reviewers over due to not all boards meeting the updated specs and reviewers having published reviews based on specs many people won't be able to get.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Now taking bets on which manufacturer will be the first to sell a four-fan graphics card.

Not going to happen for consumer gaming cards. It will be too long and lack of support. The rear bracket alone is not enough support the weight. I think the better way is to go 3 slots like 3090.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
2 x 8 pins power!! This definitely looks 300W or more.
Likely, but not necessarily. EVGA had at least one GTX 1070 FTW model that had 2 8-pin PCIe connectors. That's the one that I can think of off the top of my head. There have been quite a number of other cards that seem to have gone overkill on the PCIe connections.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
looks a lot like the Radeon VII's cooler.

wich is a good thing, the radeon VII was the finest piece of technology i ever own before to resell it for buying a used 5700xt at half the price and same gaming perfs.
very high quality manufacturing. feels like a lightning

I will probably sell my Radeon 5700xt before used market price crashes to buy either this RX6000 or a used 2080ti

olin9

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
THe 5700 xt red devil is a fast card. But the drivers suck. My new system with a 3700x the GPU drivers crash 10 times a day. I dont trust AMD. I going 3080 even if it cost more

artk2219

Distinguished
THe 5700 xt red devil is a fast card. But the drivers suck. My new system with a 3700x the GPU drivers crash 10 times a day. I dont trust AMD. I going 3080 even if it cost more
Yeahhhhhh back off whatever overclocks you've applied, check your power supply, ram, and disk. Because that's not a 5700xt issue unless you just have a faulty card, in which case do a complete fresh install of the driver then rma it if it's still giving issues and problem solved. I've been cruising on two systems with a 5700 and 5700xt and neither one of them has issues. One has been up for two months straight and hasn't been fully powered off in like 6 months. That's on an x399 platform with a threadripper 1920x, 32 GB ram, 512gb toshiba nvme ssd, 850w evga psu.

Reactions: King_V
This is from 2004 and seemed ridiculous at the time, but lo and behold Gillette turned The Onion into prophets when they actually released a 5 blade razor. Who's going to release a 5 fan card is the real question.
Gigabyte already released a five fan card, their Super OverClock HD 7970...

https://www.techspot.com/news/49385-gigabytes-five-fan-super-overclock-radeon-hd-7970.html

Sure, they're five tiny fans, but five fans nonetheless, running at up to 10,000RPM on a thick triple-slot cooler with nine heatpipes and a vapor chamber. They later did a version of the GTX 680 using the same cooler.

TRENDING THREADS