This Is What You Need To Run Civilization: Beyond Earth PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
What will it require to play it on max graphics with a 45fps or higher frame rate is my question as the recommended is most likely based on using medium or just high settings and not maxing out everything.

Thats some really constrained system requirements compared to the other game releases. Though for the recommended requirements I kind of question of doubt Intel HD 4000 is going to max out this one or Intel HD 4400 or 4600 will do too much better. Though I do like that they point out virtually any Ivy Bridge or better CPU architecture will work since the amount of advancement has made fast dual-cores that can out perform some of the old original quad-core CPUs.

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
a new game I can play.... at low settings. Looking forward to getting this in the future probably next year. Hopefully I will have a little bit better system.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Hey, imagine that. A game that has very reasonable requirements, and still looks perfectly fine. It's almost like developing games exclusively for $2,000 PCs is a terrible idea.

Smallfilou

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
I strongly doubt CIV5 is playable in a smaller environment than "medium", if you stay on a 1,8GHz core 2 Duo... When I play it on my 3,5GHz quad, I still got the impression I can make myself a cup of coffee between some turns (that is playing solo mode of course!).

Brainaic

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I have been playing this, it sure stresses out my 770 Classified, but I would say its more CPU intensive. It really good imo

g-unit1111

Titan

After playing Civ V for so long the system takes a lot more getting used to, but I like it so far. I hate the death worms though. :lol:

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
This game is soooo good. So many more options than Civ V, and I love the technology web. The game doesn't even stress my GTX 650 ti, or i5-3350p.

AMD Radeon R9 to run Mantle?

Meaning NOT HD7xxx?

That makes very little sense considering that both are based on GCN.

Anyone see some benches comparing the performance and image quality difference between DirectX and Mantle in this game?

g-unit1111

Titan

I couldnt get the game to run on my system using Mantle either and I am running dual Radeon 7800s. I wonder if it's just the 78xx series or if you really need the R9s to get the most from Mantle.

No idea...

kmleong

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
I Love Civilizations game. But for this is just so so.. Nothing to shout about. Yeah, Maybe you can recruit barbarian now oh! I meant alien but nothing much new of course this take place in outer space. they just change the scenario to outer space instead on earth.
And there are three path to follow Harmony, Affinity and supremacy. I play the latter But I would like to go back and play Harmony.
What I meant I feel a bit disappointed after so many years I think There would be a lot of major changes and improvement but no, basically it still the same. I prefer Civ. 4 & Romance of the three kingdom XI

Status
Not open for further replies.