This Is What You Need To Run Far Cry 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
Ah come on guys if you look at a lot of the recommended system requirements you will see that they are quite often all over the place.

soldier45

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
2 x 780 Classifieds with 32" Asus 4K display, 16gb ram 2 x 512gb SSD I'm ready been ready for a while.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
lol, that kind of doesn't make sence, optimal requirements are gtx 680 for NVidia but for amd it's the top of the line r9 290X.

They don't have to be equivalents. The Dunia engine is based on Cryengine 1, which was initially developed entirely for NVidia to demo their graphics cards. Saying that the engine is HEAVILY optimized for Nvidia cards would be an understatement.

Same goes for the CPU's. They don't have to be equivalent. Its what the engine was more optimized for, the alternative just doesn't do as well.

It doesn't help that these figures were also pulled out of their ass, but both play a role.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Apart from the absurd requirements, the release day DLC and the 65$+ editions are a little too much. Honestly, how can you ask someones to pay 60$ nowadays for a single player game you will play for 30hrs tops and never install again

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
The 290X is a lot faster than a 680 lol. The reason they have them both listed for optimal reqs is most likely because FarCry 4, just like FarCry 3 is an Nvidia "The way it's meant to be played" game and runs better on Nvidia hardware. Similar to how some games that are AMD "Gaming Evolved" titles run better on AMD hardware. FarCry 3 was probably the game that had the largest lead on Nvidia hardware as opposed to AMD. I'm assuming FarCry 4 will be similar in that respect considering "Far Cry 4 featuring NVIDIA GameWorks
We've been hard at work with Ubisoft implementing new technologies to ensure unmatched visual fidelity in the PC version of Far Cry 4. — with Ubisoft."

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I disagree with the fact that the AMD specs are higher because the Dunia engine is based on Cry 1. They've known since at least 2011 that AMD was the GPU pick for PS4 and XB1, and that's a lot of potential customers and they know that. I'm sure the engine will run much better on AMD hardware. Yes I know the game is a PC install base, but there's no doubt Ubisoft is aiming at console gamers first; just look at this year's E3 showings from them.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Ubisoft lately has been covered by the console veil. They were told (by MS/Sony) to limit PC games fps to 30 to make consoles look better, now they are pushing minimum system specs to make it look like you need a very expensive PC to run their games while at a fraction of the price you can get a console. In my opinion consoles are ruining games, they are pushing exclusive titles making you buy 2 consoles if you want to play everything and all of this at lower graphic quality and resolution ... you`ll end up paying more for lower grade entertainment.

1355517972SmtzmJYEeY_6_2_l.gif

From [H]ard|OCP

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Would you weenies stop your whining already!? Buy the damn game if you want to and upgrade your PC hardware if you need to - NUFF SAID!! Can't we just be happy Far Cry 4 is coming out and will a great gaming experience?? This is definitely an example of a first world problems in full effect >:/

This forum is for discussion, we are discussing...

I do not see the problem?

Dyingpie1

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
The reason the minimum requirements are so different between AMD and NVIDIA is most likely due to them not optimizing for AMD GPUS's, the game will probably favor NVIDIA cards. THIS is one of the many reasons I hate today's video game companies.

Already dis proofed that theory. :)

Please, respect the forum and don't post language like that. "Their" is a plural pronoun, "a**" is singular.

Status
Not open for further replies.