this laptop is about 2 months. am i still in the ok? (thermally speaking) ( ASUS GL502VMK)

rannon

Honorable
May 24, 2014
So im currently in Sri Lanka to finish my education. I got this laptop from my grandma for my grades in my A levels. The laptop is an Asus GL502VM(K). im just pondering if my temps in bf4 are within reason given this climate.... the thing is AC here is a luxury compared to back home. ( Dubai ). My room temp on avg is between 30-33c. PS:- some background info, when i got the laptop, my cpu temps where constantly at 101c @ 2.5ghz (stock settings) and gpu at 88c@1211Mhz( stock settings), so as you can see, repasting and undervolting did make quite the difference. the vents are now blisteringly hot where as before it was meekly warm. fans are if not always on max speed.

specs are:
i7-7700hq ( ive undervolted the cpu by .110mv and locked it to 2.8Ghz)
Gtx 1060 6gb ( did a custom voltage curve which undervolted to 0.8250 @ 1708Mhz (mem stock)
16gb ddr4 ram
256gb ssd/1tb hhd
1080p native res.

In a 2 hour long conquest ( in this particular case!, ive played for 5 hours in a row other times but the maxes and averages remain the same) game, my cpu usage is between 60-70% most of the time and my gpu is almost constantly at 98% usage. my cpu would peak around 90c and gpu around 85c. but otherwise average 87c and 82c (cpu and gpu respectively). ive already taken the liberty of replacing the factory thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5. and since its only 2 months old.

given this laptop's particular design and space for cooling, are my temps reasonable? can i assume if i moved back to dubai where my room temp was between 19-20c it would be back to normal?

if you guys have ways i can reduce temps further or anything at all to give me a hand, il be glad to hear from you. looking forward to hearing from you community

rannon

Honorable
May 24, 2014
I have experimented with 4 identical bottle caps under the 4 feet of the laptop as well as a cooling pad i had lying around, i did notice my gpu temps did drop 2-3c ( from 82 to 79 avg ) and since the case was much cooler, i figured it was something to do with heat soak being removed from the chassis and the gpu block. but cpu temps pretty much remained the same.