This Luxury PC Has Post-Modern Sculptural Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dco[/nom]Looks like crap but what beast of a machine[/citation]

i hate its look too, but i love the cooling this thing can get.

that said, i SO wish that nvidia and ati would make mirror cards. that way i can have it face up or face down, in my pc, my video card is right on top of another card that hampers its airflow. if i had a mirror card i could get air from the top.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]gti88[/nom]For $9500 (basic price for this thing), I could design and build 5 cases that look better.[/citation]

Considering the components for the base configuration will run you $3500 at the absolute cheapest. I'd like to see you build 5 of them for $9500. I'll be the first in line to buy from you.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
bahaha, i forsee alot of insurance claims during shipment to customers. Honestly, i would never in my mind fork up 9500 just cause of a art-inspired case. Not my cup of tea.. That open design has catastrophe written all over it.

f-14

Distinguished
art? wow i should take the body off my truck and call it art! it looks like a cat after it gets soaked, terrible! speaking of cats, i am going to laugh when their cat/dog gets it's tail caught in the fans and the result will be an animal with a mutilated tail/ear shredded and the cpu fries. this thing should be hung from the ceiling like a model air plane where nobody could stick their fingers in a fan or fry their foot or hand or spill a drink on it. looks like the future of the electric chairs, only to darwins test subjects.
where is the power cord, ports and other peripherial connections?
who wants to bet if it's running mac os x ?

G

It's version 2 of the hammerhead case complete with i7 extreme edition

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
one of the ugliest thing i have ever seen. do not call something "art" because someone says it is, art is all in the eye of the beholder, and this thing is just atrocious.

Nerdbox87

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Apart from being a dust magnet - it's a dumb design - these guys need to take a look at Silverstone, motherboard should be upside down for a graphics card setup like that. (patented?)

G

Just buy this for $2,899 directly from the company that makes the case!
http://darwinmachine.com/products.htm
Hammerhead HMR98902 specs:
* Blue CNC brushed and anodized aluminum frame
* Supermatte White Ecoresin panels with Mil-Spec quick release system(motherboard side only)
* 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7-860 cpu
* 4 Gb ram
* 1 40 gb Intel solid state disk drive
* 1 640 Gb front loaded "hot-swappable" hard drive
* 1 extra hot-swap tray for a second hard drive
* nVidia ENGTX460 graphics card
* Optical CD/DVD drive
* Kingston 750W modular power supply
* Windows 7 64-bit Home premium

Status
Not open for further replies.