This Mad Catz 'Albino' Gaming Mouse Costs $100

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jlats26[/nom]are they serious? its overpriced, surprisingly hideous, and marketed towards right-handed hardcore PC gamer millionaires? The name doesn't help either....."Albino" gaming mouse...really?[/citation]

Since when do you have to be a millionaire to buy a $100 mouse? It's for hardcore gamers for sure, but all high end gaming mice are around 100 bucks. I bought a Logitech G9 for $100 like 2 years ago and it's awesome. If it wasn't still working perfectly I might consider picking up one of these things. Might help with CT if it fits my hand better.

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
[citation][nom]gokanis[/nom]When it became an albino tie fighter.[/citation]
Waiting for x-wing model mice to arrive, then will shoot said tie fighters.

shinkueagle

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
[citation][nom]pbrigido[/nom]When did the mouse stop being a mouse?[/citation]

When it became a RAT!!!!!!! The price is also a RAT!!!! :D

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
My friend bought the rat7 the second i showed it to him online (he likes to spend) and it's actually awesome.

Pros: light, precise, very customizable through both software and physical specs, glides like a beast, orgasmic buttons.

Cons: not portable (things get messed up when you throw it in a bag), you need a mouse pad or decent surface to get nice tracking (it also get's the bottom dirty).

It's actually quite cool looking if you buy a black version. The white just isn't my thing, always reminds me of macs.

akymi

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
It's amazing by design and all the way you can customize it. The only flaw is a super crap laser which makes all the cyborg models useless. Had 3 of those (7,7 and 9) to test. Tried on 5 different machines (including a PS3) and tons of different surfaces. It's always acting up. DON'T buy it.

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I own the wireless R.A.T. 9, and the wired R.A.T. 7 as a backup mouse. I've owned a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, a Logitech G7 mouse, and several other cheaper mice, and while those mice were great, the Cyborg R.A.T.s are the best I've ever used.

I customized mine to extend outward on the thumb area, and the raised palm rest. So comfortable. I used to get wrist strain, but not anymore.

One word of caution. These mice do not play nice with plastic or metallic mouse pads. You either need to use the mice on a desk surface, or use a cloth mouse pad. I use the Xtracks Pro mousepad and it works great.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
It looks like someone took a magnet and ran through the hardware isle at Home Depot and then called it a gaming mouse. WTF IS THAT? I can build a better mouse using K'nex for gods sake.

michaeljr73

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
find it interestingly funny.. how many are negative toward it's look.. as if we all sit around looking at our computer mice like they are a fine automobile.. mine is difficult to see under my hand working all day (digital artist).. or in the dark when I am asleep.. remember.. original mice had large balls and mechanics.. and that shape was carried over even after they were replaced with cameras and lasers.. but it won't be long we'll have gesture controlled pads.. touch like screens that you can just lay your hand on, but get mouse like movements..

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I do like the idea of customizing the dimensions of a mouse to fit my big hand, but I also love my Logitech G5. Perfectly comfortable; good grip for sweaty hands; adjustable weight (I would like my next mouse made form solid steel and tungsten weights please), and I only occasionally use the extra buttons it has.

I have the Saitek Cyborg X joystick, and I love how comfortable it is, all the buttons, and adjustability.
Unfortunately, it's by far the worst joystick I've used. Great on paper, but pore in practice. Maybe if they built the same joystick, with just a significantly higher level of quality, it'd be perfect.

I also have some random Saitek controller from 10+ years ago, and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.