This Mad Catz 'Albino' Gaming Mouse Costs $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
are they serious? its overpriced, surprisingly hideous, and marketed towards right-handed hardcore PC gamer millionaires? The name doesn't help either....."Albino" gaming mouse...really?

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
please tell me that no one on toms falls for the cheap nikes or 6 dollar ipads.....

on topic i really like the first rat, and would consider buying this one just to rebel mod it for star wars. right now i have a naga i dont use and my old reliable g5; its about time for a new one.

InTheCity

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I've dropped so much money on expensive mice, trying to improve my flow in the 3d environment. Nothing beats the cheapest of the cheap microsoft mice, though they don't last long, they're perfect in almost every other regard.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jlats26[/nom]are they serious? its overpriced, surprisingly hideous, and marketed towards right-handed hardcore PC gamer millionaires? The name doesn't help either....."Albino" gaming mouse...really?[/citation]

I said almost exactly the same thing when I read this news bit on another tech site few days ago ....... 'the most hideous looking PC device' I've seen.

A friend has the RAT 7 and it's friggin' awesome. You can adapt it to every little imperfection you hand might have. And he's left handed, but "the thing just feels right", he says xD!

And I find it very sexy. It's like 80% steel and very programmable. I'm getting one when I get the chance and put the MX5 to rest finally :p

Cheers!

michaeljr

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I have been playing FPS since the original Wolfenstein came in a zip lock bag in full glory black and white..and you had to time your bullets to reach the stick figured NAZIs. I have owned dozens of mice from balls to lasers.. I have a RAT 7 I bought on sale on Amazon.. and I would say.. it's the best mouse I have ever owned.. don't let it's look or price be an issue.. as I usually had to buy a Logitech MX518 every 6 months (45$ per) after I wore out the buttons and stripped the finish off.. this RAT series, especially the 7 and 9.. are so comfortable.. remember that original mice were mechanical.. and you needed a space for the ball and rollers.. now a mouse or HID (human input device) can be any shape or size.. I even had an issue with one of the palm rest not sliding on and off well enough.. and in a week I had new ones in my hand thanks to their customer support.. and it has extra buttons and controls I haven't even put to use yet.. amazing.. don't knock it till you try it.. but expect if you try it..you'll want to buy it..

xenophorge

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I've owned my RAT7 since last xmas, and it's seriously one of the best if not the best mouse I've ever used. This thing is solid, very solid, yet surprisingly light enough. I won't let the kids play LoL with this mouse, I don't want them to click it to death (Diablo 1/2 anyone?) :)

Up until this RAT I was a logitech fanboy, this marvellous piece of hardware has made me a convert, as far as mice are concerned.

Dannypwnsall

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
I must say, that although I've always preferred Logitech mice(owned 4 razer mice now, and they attract way to much dead skin for me)I used the RAT7 while on a trip with a friend and it absolutely astounded me, the amount of stabilizability and feel of durability of it is incredible. I would gladly pay the full price for one of these mice, and will on my next mouse purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.