[SOLVED] This Mini PC claims it can do 4k, but its Intel HD Graphics 600 spec is 1080p

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
Solution
Displaying 4K isn't a difficult task. It's gaming at 4K that this PC will not do.
It's probably OK for watching videos at that resolution, but you won't be doing much of anything else with it. The UHD 630 graphics in my i5 struggles in most games , even with settings turned all the way down. Only e-sports games, or ancient games that run on a potato, deliver acceptable frames.

Gaming wasn't mentioned anywhere in the original post, just whether or not 4K 60 Hz output was possible over HDMI and the integrated graphics.

And yes, the Intel spec sheet list it as capable of displaying 4k 60 Hz resolution.

🤦‍♂️

3 months later...

Thanks again for stopping by.

Just to wrap this up: I returned mine...
That doesn't make any sense to me. Unless they are using the combined output of the two onboard HDMI/1080p ports? My intent is to use this with an ultra hd/3,840x2,160 monitor.

Here it is. Thanks for stopping by.

Amazon.com: Mini Pc GK55 Windows 10 Pro 8GB LPDDR4 128GB SSD Intel J4125(4C/4T 4MB Cache Up to 2.7GHz),24W Mini Computer Supports 4K@60Hz Dual HDMI Output /2.4G+5G WiFi/2.5" HDD Extension/Dual Gigabit Ethernet: Computers & Accessories
Intel's page detailing the specs of that specific CPU says that the integrated graphics are capable of 4K 60: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-processor-j4125-4m-cache-up-to-2-70-ghz.html

Reactions: Jay_34

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
That doesn't make any sense to me. Unless they are using the combined output of the two onboard HDMI/1080p ports? My intent is to use this with an ultra hd/3,840x2,160 monitor.

Here it is. Thanks for stopping by.

Amazon.com: Mini Pc GK55 Windows 10 Pro 8GB LPDDR4 128GB SSD Intel J4125(4C/4T 4MB Cache Up to 2.7GHz),24W Mini Computer Supports 4K@60Hz Dual HDMI Output /2.4G+5G WiFi/2.5" HDD Extension/Dual Gigabit Ethernet: Computers & Accessories

Displaying 4K isn't a difficult task. It's gaming at 4K that this PC will not do.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
LMAO, that's one way to scam people. Yeah no chance in hell you're playing an integrated graphics 4k 60fps. 80% of the gpu around cannot do that. As they said, IT MIGHT be able to display 4k resolution, but that's pretty much it. So yeah, if you wanna use your pc to look at pictures or videos, you def could.

LMAO, that's one way to scam people. Yeah no chance in hell you're playing an integrated graphics 4k 60fps. 80% of the gpu around cannot do that. As they said, IT MIGHT be able to display 4k resolution, but that's pretty much it. So yeah, if you wanna use your pc to look at pictures or videos, you def could.

Gaming wasn't mentioned anywhere in the original post, just whether or not 4K 60 Hz output was possible over HDMI and the integrated graphics.

And yes, the Intel spec sheet list it as capable of displaying 4k 60 Hz resolution.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
It's probably OK for watching videos at that resolution, but you won't be doing much of anything else with it. The UHD 630 graphics in my i5 struggles in most games , even with settings turned all the way down. Only e-sports games, or ancient games that run on a potato, deliver acceptable frames.

USAFRet

Titan
It's only a "scam" if people don't actually read and understand.

Many many systems like that are just HTPC or office level use.
NOT game machines.

I have a similar, Beelink GT-R Pro.
It would easily display 4k video, if I had an applicable screen.

My QNAP NAS can transcode to 4k on the fly.

Neither of those are applicable for gaming.

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016

🤦‍♂️

3 months later...

Thanks again for stopping by.

Just to wrap this up: I returned mine because the processor wasn't sufficient to power an external 4K UHD drive. Yes, it can display 4K, but, I had to step up the processor power.

Solution

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016

Yes, I did feel a bit mislead by the specs, so I returned it.