Question This Monitor (DVI 24+1) To This GPU (DisplayPort/HDMI) Going to work?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Yes, it will work but why not look for something better?

Even the description of this product is incomplete.

May be, take a look at HP 24

24+1 pin connector is DVI-D
24+5 pin connector is DVI-I

Most modern GPU's use DVI-D, if at all

and the latest GPU's are only coming with HDMI and Display port.

Aug 16, 2019
Yes, it will work but why not look for something better?

Even the description of this product is incomplete.

24+1 pin connector is DVI-D
24+5 pin connector is DVI-I

Most modern GPU's use DVI-D, if at all

and the latest GPU's are only coming with HDMI and Display port.

Thank you for the response. The short answer is that I already have the monitor, old monitor I've had for years. Need new GPU, trying to avoid purchasing a new monitor. Does your answer on the fact that it will work for what I need it for still stand? Let me know and thanks!

Monitor:
https://www.amazon.com/SE198WFP-Inch-Flat-Panel-Monitor/dp/B001OFTXW6

GPU:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N824KNV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Monitor is only a second monitor, shouldn't need to handle high performance games, etc. But, will an adapter work for this? Read about Active and Passive and all that jazz but still couldn't quite grasp it. Thanks!

Thank you for the response. The short answer is that I already have the monitor, old monitor I've had for years. Need new GPU, trying to avoid purchasing a new monitor. Does your answer on the fact that it will work for what I need it for still stand? Let me know and thanks!
Yes, that will work fine with the adapter you linked.

Reactions: BloodsportOnVHS

Sagar_20

Distinguished
If you want to buy something wrong and make things complicated for yourself, I will not stop you.

The choice is up to you.

99% people use adapters because they have no other choice to get display on the monitor.

It is never a priority.

Buying that adapter would only make sense if you already had a GPU with no DVI-D port.

If you want to buy something wrong and make things complicated for yourself, I will not stop you.

The choice is up to you.

99% people use adapters because they have no other choice to get display on the monitor.

It is never a priority.

Buying that adapter would only make sense if you already had a GPU with no DVI-D port.
The answer to the question that was asked is yes, it will work. Since you didn't mention that, I thought I would add it. Getting a graphics card that has a DVI port on it is also a fine suggestion too.

However, adapters also work perfectly well; there will be no issues with either route.

Last edited: