News This OEM Radeon RX 6800 XT Looks Awfully Familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2021
"When it comes to the display output design, Dell's version does defer from the reference specification. The graphics cards offers one HDMI 2.1 port and three DisplayPort 1.4 outputs, meaning Dell scrapped the USB Type-C port in favor of an extra DisplayPort 1.4 output. It's a great choice since not many consumers will have a use for the USB Type-C port. An additional DisplayPort 1.4 output, however, will allow you to connect an extra display to the graphics card."

Umm, you can do display port over USB-C, I have a 4K LG display with a USB-C port, Display Port, and 4 HDMI. Utilizing the USB-C port for one of the displays allows additional USB ports on the display itself when connected to that device. On my LG that's two USB-A 3.2 ports. It's not the only display out there with USB-C display input and more manufacturers are adding them. If I were to use this DELL, I'd have to use a Display Port to USB-C adapter to take advantage of the extra Display port, and wouldn't be able to use the convenient ports on the display.:unsure:

artk2219

Distinguished
A green PCB! I haven't seen one of those used on PC hardware in ages.

Its the same with the reference RTX 3080 that dell provides, they look pretty much the same as this, same style cooler and a green PCB. It brought back some memories when i first saw it. Honestly its one of the only not horribly price gouged ways to get a new graphics card currently, buy it with a prebuilt PC and then sell the PC without a graphics card, or part it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.