This page is useless on android the ads are covering the text

andycamb

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Dear Tom I am trying to research a problem with my non booting PC but systems cannot read the posts on this page, on my android tablet as the ads which follow you irritatingly down the page as you scroll, are blocking out the text I am trying to read.
Can you fix this?
Thanks..
Using Android lollipop on a Nexus 10 tablet.

Solution

Hi Sorry I forgot to note what ads... I have since signed up and it is not happening once I am signed in...
The ads were in little sidebars on the left and right of the android screen. They followed, as I scrolled down the list of posts and obscured, some if the text They turned up a few seconds after I was browsing posts. This...

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
When reporting issues with ads, it would really help to include a number of details, including:

1) What kind of ad was it? What was it advertising?
2) Where and when did you see the ad? The exact URL would help.
3) A screenshot of it impeding your browsing experience.

If there is a legitimate problem with an ad, we are happy to do what we can to correct it—but first the ad needs to be tracked down.

andycamb

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Hi Sorry I forgot to note what ads... I have since signed up and it is not happening once I am signed in...
The ads were in little sidebars on the left and right of the android screen. They followed, as I scrolled down the list of posts and obscured, some if the text They turned up a few seconds after I was browsing posts. This prevented me seeing, if the information on the site would be of any help or not..
It is obviously some problem, with analysing the percentage of the display area allowed for the posts and making sure, that the sidebar ads don't overlay it. Hope that helps. I will try browsing the site while signed out and see if I can recreate the problem and screenshot it.

Solution