This patch does not support this Card!

istari675

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
I have an ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 running on an ASUS ROG Maximus Vi Hero. I got this video card a little while back and since the fan is capped at 37% it is a little bit louder than I was hoping for. I found out that the bios update will allow it to go down to 27% fan speed. When I try installing the driver right from the ASUS website I get the message "This patch does not support this Card!". When I called ASUS about the issue I waited on hold for an hour, then they told me I could only patch it using an ASUS board, and at the time I didnt realize ROG was ASUS and accepted that answer.

istari675

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Oops wasnt clear enough, sorry for the confusion. The support guy didnt know what he was talking about but I didnt realize that until I looked more into the problem. I am getting this issue on an ASUS board so the hardware is as compatible as it could possibly be. I am thinking im gonna need to extract the BIOS from the executable so I can flash it manually but I dont know how I could go about doing that.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

This is a very detailed thread on about how to flash your GPU BIOS: [link]

istari675

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

I actually looked into that, but when I got to the point when I was actually editing the BIOS it said the minimum fan speed was already set to 10%, which was completely untrue as the lowest possible fan speed I can get on any fan controlling program is 37%. Everything else was just clock speed and power settings.