[SOLVED] "This PC" crashing but other folders can be accessed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
Let's think about what we've done so far.

It crashes in normal mode.
It does not crash in Safe mode.

So it has to be software or drivers.

We've did a clean boot which eliminates the software as being the issue, meaning that it's probably a driver.

If it crashed in safe mode then I could understand the issue being the phone, but it didn't.

I still think it has to be a driver. You did try disabling Bitdefender didn't you? I also see a BlueStacks driver. I'm not sure if it could conflict with the phone or not.

Also look in EventViewer and see if can point you in any direction with the errors it lists.

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Its not often the user of the PC asks us what something is on their PC. Normally its the other way.

Normally we find them but we hadn't run anything that can see inside your device manager. I wonder if speccy would have seen it, the sysnative collection app may have but its more for BSOD problems, it didn't come to mind right away.
actually we did.. I did the driverview thingy and posted pics here. It also has that thing listed but we didnt look deeper in it. I got spooked when i saw a 2nd GPU driver lol