Question PC case is giving me low voltage shocks ?

Aug 5, 2024
My PC has been giving me current shocks for like 10 days. (Rainy season going on too) It is a low voltage shock, kindof like a 3 volt. Comes from the case, the HDMI. I opened it up for cleaning today and I think I found the culprit. The 3 RGB fans on my PC are connected by a small ANT Esports thing that has ports for 10 fans, and it is connected to the PSU with a wire.

But the RGB lights on the front of the case and one fan that came with the case, both came with the case, are connected by those round type connectors, old type, those which were used in the Hardrives in older times. So I feel some current when I touch those connectors, Even if the PC is off. There is a little voltage going on there.

And to add to that, the fan isn't working. It is only connected to the power but doesn't run anymore. I did not realise it until now, because this fan is placed infront of the case and is not visible unless you really want to. It worked before though.

So this PC has been around for like 3 years, I made it myself. Case is ANT esports ICE model, closed from front and having RGB lights at the front. PSU is high quality Cooler Master 450 watt 90+ certified bronze rating.

CPU: Core i5-3470
GPU: GT 1030
RAM: 12GB

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
PSU is high quality Cooler Master 450 watt 90+ certified bronze rating.
Exact model (or part number) of the PSU is? Also, how old it is and was it bought new or used/refurbished?

Btw, there is no such thing as 90+. If it is listed as 90+ on there (which i doubt, knowing Cooler Master), then what you have, is a scam and crap quality unit.

What i have, is high quality. Namely Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium (part number: SSR-650TD). What you have - is not.