[SOLVED] This psu will work with my build?

Sep 30, 2019
Hi, i have to replace my psu and i dont know if this psu would work well with my pc, i plan to oc the gpu too so i want to know if this psu is good
i can get it pretty cheap and its new thats why im going with this
https://www.thermaltake.com/smart-600w.html

This are my specs

Processor : Ryzen 5 2600 4.2ghz oc
Motherboard: TUF B450 PLUS GAMING
Ram: Hyperx Fury (2x8) Ddr4 2400mhz (oc 2933mhz)
Graphics: RX 590 8gb gddr5 PULSE SAPPHIRE
HDD: 1TB WD BLUE (X2) and 1 m.2 256gb

This is my actual psu, 5 years old http://www.topower.com/product/EP700PM.html
but it is giving me problems

Solution
Ill be really honest here with you.

Most of these guys on here are hardcore pc enthusiasts. They will never want to recommend a lower quality psu. And for good reason, as they are not reliable and have the potential to kill your entire system in the event of a failure.

HOWEVER, most reputable brands you can buy, no matter what the "version" is, will work just fine. Like there is a blacklist of PSUs to NOT buy and I would NOT recommend buying off that list but if your going thermaltake, corsair, evga. Most versions of them, from bronze to plat rating, will do you just fine and most likely will never have an issue. I wouldnt be too hard on yourself if you cannot afford one of the best psus out there. Just get a good brand that is known...

Most of these guys on here are hardcore pc enthusiasts. They will never want to recommend a lower quality psu. And for good reason, as they are not reliable and have the potential to kill your entire system in the event of a failure.

HOWEVER, most reputable brands you can buy, no matter what the "version" is, will work just fine. Like there is a blacklist of PSUs to NOT buy and I would NOT recommend buying off that list but if your going thermaltake, corsair, evga. Most versions of them, from bronze to plat rating, will do you just fine and most likely will never have an issue. I wouldnt be too hard on yourself if you cannot afford one of the best psus out there. Just get a good brand that is known to be reliable.

I say this because when I 1st came to this site, I was doing a lot of bad things. I had a bad psu (non name brand/non cert) which worked for me for 5 years with no issues and everytime I mentioned it people here would shun me for it lol. But like I said they had good reason as I was lucky. I even got to a point where my psu fan died and I replaced that fan with a stock CPU cooler fan and ran that for almost a year with no issues and tbh had better psu cooling than the stock fan. Its all I could do at the time and SOMETIMES thats what matters most.

Just dont let people press you into getting the BEST you can get. Thermaltake is a good brand and your setup doesnt really use more than 450w anyways.

Now if you plan on OCing GPU and CPU then yea Id go a bit higher on the psu scale and get a known better performing psu but if your just gaming, no ocing or very light ocing like just a bit on the gpu, then it should be fine.

But I would still have to recommend that you try and get a better quality psu just for sake of mind. But in the end, it should be just fine.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 30, 2019
Good thing you're switching out the PSU but NEVER cheap out on the PSU if you need a budget option depending on where you are the newer Corsair CX models are good but as Barty said location and budget are very helpful.

HOWEVER, most reputable brands you can buy, no matter what the "version" is, will work just fine. Like there is a blacklist of PSUs to NOT buy and I would NOT recommend buying off that list but if your going thermaltake, corsair, evga. Most versions of them, from bronze to plat rating, will do you just fine and most likely will never have an issue. I wouldnt be too hard on yourself if you cannot afford one of the best psus out there. Just get a good brand that is known to be reliable.

I say this because when I 1st came to this site, I was doing a lot of bad things. I had a bad psu (non name brand/non cert) which worked for me for 5 years with no issues and everytime I mentioned it people here would shun me for it lol. But like I said they had good reason as I was lucky. I even got to a point where my psu fan died and I replaced that fan with a stock CPU cooler fan and ran that for almost a year with no issues and tbh had better psu cooling than the stock fan. Its all I could do at the time and SOMETIMES thats what matters most.

Just dont let people press you into getting the BEST you can get. Thermaltake is a good brand and your setup doesnt really use more than 450w anyways.

Now if you plan on OCing GPU and CPU then yea Id go a bit higher on the psu scale and get a known better performing cpu but if your just gaming, no ocing or very light ocing like just a bit on the gpu, then it should be fine.

But I would still have to recommend that you try and get a better quality psu just for sake of mind. But in the end, it should be just fine.

Hi guys, well im from Argentina, here is hard to get good stuff at good price.

For a couple more bucks i can get one off this two

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=110-BQ-0600-K1

https://www.aerocool.com.tw/en/psu/cylon/cylon-700w-full-range

Which would you recommend

thx for the reply

Sep 30, 2019

Now if you plan on OCing GPU and CPU then yea Id go a bit higher on the psu scale and get a known better performing cpu but if your just gaming, no ocing or very light ocing like just a bit on the gpu, then it should be fine.

Yes i understand that people can get too extreme when its come to psu and i get it, but here you buy what you can and pay more for everything, $60 or $70 psu here is like $100 or more

Hi guys, well im from Argentina, here is hard to get good stuff at good price.

For a couple more bucks i can get one off this two

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=110-BQ-0600-K1

https://www.aerocool.com.tw/en/psu/cylon/cylon-700w-full-range

Which would you recommend

thx for the reply
If those are your only options then the EVGA, to be clear we aren't doing this just because we are enthusiasts, we do this as even some known brands have some not so good PSUs the BQ should be fine if that's what you can afford.