Question This question about compromised appear when i open youtube?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Today i open youtube and this question suddenly appear on bottom right corner, the question is "How confident are you that if your account on YouTube was compromised you would know where to go to fix it?" and there is about 5 question in radio button. My question is, is this just random survey or is this mean my account was compromised ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
It's a phishing expedition that you should not even think of going on.

You have received good advice about doing a scan of your system with both your primary security suite (whatever that might be) and, in addition, using a free (or paid, if you want that version) malware scanner like Malwarebytes or Zemana Antimalware.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I've scan with avast and nothing suspicious detected then i use malwarebytes and its show PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch from my chrome Secure Preferences and chrome registry key and Value. What does it mean?

Okay now lets us assume this phishing thing infect my browser, should i worried about my google account that sign in to google chrome and any other stuff that stored in chrome such as saved password and etc ? Or google already take care of it if something bad like they stealing my data happening ?

this the screenshot
N5pqidU.png

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Remove those PUPs, all of them.

Also, look at any browser extensions/add-ons you have installed. Remove any not needed or intended.

Look in Control Panel/Programs and Features to make sure no apps are installed that you don't want.

Try an alternate browser to see if the behavior changes.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Remove those PUPs, all of them.

Also, look at any browser extensions/add-ons you have installed. Remove any not needed or intended.

Look in Control Panel/Programs and Features to make sure no apps are installed that you don't want.

Try an alternate browser to see if the behavior changes.

This message only appear one time, i open youtube couple of times today its never show again. I am afraid by quarantine those PUPs it will broke my chrome.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
And just for the record, a PUP is exactly what Malwarebytes identifies it as, in full: Potentially Unwanted Program. They are their own entities - separate programs from others on your machine.

I generally give exactly the same advice that COLGeek has: Remove them. The only exception is if you see something that you know you intentionally installed and actually use. Those exceptions almost never happen.

PUPs are not viruses or malware in the classic sense of either of those terms. But they're still something that you're very unlikely to want.