News This RTX 3060 Uses a Massive 3080 Cooler, With Impressive Results

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I've been seeing all sorts of stock alerts for RTX 3060 priced between $500 and $530. Those prices are insanity. That's above the MSRP of the 3060 Ti and the 3070 -- cards that outperform the 3060. The quality of the cooler is irrelevant to the actual performance the card is able to deliver.

I'm still looking to replace a 1070, but it appears the only way that's going to happen is if Nvidia contacts me directly. Online retailers always run out before checkout completes, brick and mortar stores happily sell all GPUs to the first person in line, shuffles never work out, can't win contests, and friends reneged on offers to acquire a GPU. Hopefully AMD's upcoming 6700 launch isn't another disaster...but seriously, we all know it will be.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
I've been seeing all sorts of stock alerts for RTX 3060 priced between $500 and $530. Those prices are insanity. That's above the MSRP of the 3060 Ti and the 3070 -- cards that outperform the 3060. The quality of the cooler is irrelevant to the actual performance the card is able to deliver.

I'm still looking to replace a 1070, but it appears the only way that's going to happen is if Nvidia contacts me directly. Online retailers always run out before checkout completes, brick and mortar stores happily sell all GPUs to the first person in line, shuffles never work out, can't win contests, and friends reneged on offers to acquire a GPU. Hopefully AMD's upcoming 6700 launch isn't another disaster...but seriously, we all know it will be.
Embrace your 1070. I got a 1070TI and I'm loving each second of it. I can play most games at max 60+ (with some exceptions). With these prices I (or we?) might have to wait for 4000 series Nvidia or 7000 series AMD.

Giroro

Splendid

Think of it this way: a 3060 costs $200 more than its worth, but also you can sell your 1070 for $200 more than its worth. You just about break even, minus the extra cut taken on taxes/ebay fees.
Ideally you could sell now and buy a new card once the market regains some sanity... but then you don't have a gaming GPU while you wait.

I would like to see RTX 3060 for 500$ in euro equivalent here where I live. In reality RTX 3060 price at today is more like 900-950 euros and RTX 3060 Ti - 1349 euros which is completely nuts.

Reactions: spentshells