News This Solid Logitech c920 Webcam Clone Is on Sale for $40

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Why not use the smartphone as a webcam? Technically, it's free, since the phone was already purchased.

But on lesser known cams, it's tough to buy something that's not good, and there aren't many reviews about them around. Thanks for the tip, and bring on more alternatives :)

GeekyOne

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Why not use the smartphone as a webcam? Technically, it's free, since the phone was already purchased.

But on lesser known cams, it's tough to buy something that's not good, and there aren't many reviews about them around. Thanks for the tip, and bring on more alternatives :)

I tried using my phone a couple of times when the video didn't work on my old Logitech with Zoom (still haven't been able to figure that out as it works fine with Google Meets, Teams, Ring, etc.), but the small view and trying to prop it up to have the right angle with it slipping down all the while was a pain.

Reactions: salgado18

USAFRet

Titan

Because not every use speaks to a smartphone.

For instance....
Kids going back to school 'at home' today. Laptops have built in webcams...PC's do not.
Zoom classes require some camera functionality.

For instance...
Time lapse vids of my 3D printer doing its thing.
I could probably use a smartphone to do that. Until, 45 minutes into a 3 hour print, I needed to use the smartphone for something else.

Reactions: salgado18

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Dang, less than 24 hours since this was posted, but when I clicked, it was $54.99, with a checkbox to save 10%, that would bring it down to $49.99.

Is the $39.99 deal for Prime members only?

D

Deleted member 14196

Dang, less than 24 hours since this was posted, but when I clicked, it was $54.99, with a checkbox to save 10%, that would bring it down to $49.99.

Is the $39.99 deal for Prime members only?
Nope I’ve got prime and it’s 54.99 and 10% off coupon

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welp, maybe not back on the 12th, but today, I stumbled across it again on Amazon, and it's $49.99 and a checkbox for a $10 coupon to bring it down to $39.99.

And I only found out because I'd put it on my wishlist, and happened to notice the price while ordering something else.