[SOLVED] This sound problem refuses to get solved ?

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Hello, i have been having sound problems on my pc for a long time now. After switching a few speakers, i realized that the problem lied on my pc. The issues i was facing could be not the same but similar according to the speaker i would be using each time, but with my current one the problem is like this: I m getting something which i guess could be described as a high pitched humming noise which often gets triggered after using them to listen to something, but not always.

The itensity of that noise changes or even disappears according to how high i set the volume from the volume controler that they have, but it generally is at its loudest when the volume i around the middle and it becomes silent only if i lower the volume quite a lot. Then the humming ends on its own at some point but it is generally persisting and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on too. The sound also seems to be buzzing a bit or so if i try to describe it when i listen to something on high volume at times (but i never listen to something too loudly).

I tried using the speakers on my laptop and they were working fine, so i thought that the problem had to lie in the port that connects the speakers with my pc so i got a sound blaster that i could connect in any usb port. However, no matter which usb port i try, the problem persists. In sort, something inside the pc has to be the problem, but what could it be and how can i solve it? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Solution
Try using the PC in another room on another power outlet. Do you have any fancy lights in the computer, or other electronics around the PC? Normally if there is noise from the soundcard using an external one like you did would get rid of it so you must be getting interference from something else.
Try using the PC in another room on another power outlet. Do you have any fancy lights in the computer, or other electronics around the PC? Normally if there is noise from the soundcard using an external one like you did would get rid of it so you must be getting interference from something else.

Solution

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Thanks for your reply and no, i dont have any other electronics or anything weird around my pc, its pretty out in the open. Besides, when i tried testing the speakers on the laptop i didnt switch them places, i just brought the laptop on where the pc was, so i guess changing the room of the pc after taking all this into account would be too much hustle for nothing to change.