This was his subject line & pertains exactly to me as well: “ I deleted my network adapter driver and I cannot install it again (SOLVED)”

Dec 3, 2020
Hi, Ive my WiFi kept dropping me every 2 minutes or so, and I could fix it by resetting the network every time (it got so bad that’s really all I could downs keep resetting it over & over) Anyway, just as this dude who had same problem a cpl years before me, i believe the inky difference is the computer. Mine is a Dell Inspiron15 3542 with 64-bit & has windows 8.1.

Found what I thought was a reputable source to fix what it sounded like a simple fix with some straightforward directions. Well, here I am, just as dudeman was back in ‘17 also. Those instructions had me uninstall and delete the network adapter via device manager. When I restarted my laptop, it didnt reinstall it as promised and now Im pretty much screwed. Itried to install the new driver but without online capability - humph. Stuck! Please, if it’s at possible for me to fix this as quickly and simple and the prior dude did, Id be on Cloud9 — So, just like he said:
• If theres anyone who does have an idea what he/she is doing, please pull ease PULLEASE let me know. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although messy to do on a phone you should able to download the driver to the phone and then connect the phone to the PC via USB. Most phones you can configure to appear as a storage device to the computer. The computer should just see it as a file directory.

Dec 3, 2020

OK, I went on DELLs website and quickly found the correct driver. Ddownloaded it to my iPhone. How should i get it from iPhone to the Dell laptop? Im unfamiliar with methods to do that

Dec 3, 2020
Although messy to do on a phone you should able to download the driver to the phone and then connect the phone to the PC via USB. Most phones you can configure to appear as a storage device to the computer. The computer should just see it as a file directory.

OH, shoot i hadn't realize a PC simply viewe an iPhone like its external storage. OK Ill give it a try - Again, THANK YOU for your help, i REALLY appreciate it! :)
I

Dec 3, 2020
OH, shoot i hadn't realize a PC simply viewe an iPhone like its external storage. OK Ill give it a try - Again, THANK YOU for your help, i REALLY appreciate it! :)
I

Im wondering what im doing wrong, I can see it in my Files app and over on the PC I get all of my photos videos and documents, but I just cannot find the driver file anywhere. Any thoughts?

Dec 3, 2020
Im wondering what im doing wrong, I can see it in my Files app and over on the PC I get all of my photos videos and documents, but I just cannot find the driver file anywhere. Any thoughts?

I should clarify. I can see the downloaded network driver file in the Files app when looking in my iPhone, but when it’s plugged in to the Dell and I open the Apple iPhone “storage” folder, I can’t find it in there anywhere. It should be shouldn’t it?

Also, I’ve looked all over in the laptop and haven’t had any luck finding it. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong - it’s GOTTA be there somewhere, I’ve just run outta ideas of place to look for it. Let me if have an have an idea where I’m dropping the ball.
*Thank you very much for helping me with this

I only have used android and even that I have to lookup on the internet how to do stuff like this. I know on android there are options as to what the computer can see, I know there is a difference between files I put on the internal sim and the ones that go into the data storage card. I have been so lazy and not learned anything about phones.

D

Deleted member 14196

Download it to an online storage like Google Drive or one drive and get it from there off your iPhone