This Weekend: Free Xbox LIVE Gold For All

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]just canceled my subscription because i didn't have enough time while in school. but maybe i can play this weekend[/citation]

I could be wrong but I think it's only for existing accounts. :/ You should check it out, dude.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I could be wrong but I think it's only for existing accounts. You should check it out, dude.[/citation]

I think he meant the GOLD subscription. Why would you need a free weekend if you'rea already subscribing to GOLD, right?

On another note, I still say it's ridiculous of MS to charge for something that is free on PC, PS3, Wii etc etc. I don't care what people say, there is nothing free with GOLD worth the subscription fee.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I could be wrong but I think it's only for existing accounts. You should check it out, dude.[/citation]

I don't get it. I have an account. I just canceled my gold subscription. How can it be a "free" weekend if guys with silver accounts can't play? there would be nothing free in that deal. I'm confused.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Sorry, for some weird reason I thought you'd left the world of XBL because you "didn't have time to game while at school," so I just hit reply and tried to refrain from making "dedicated student" comments. I think it's nap time, for me. :p Silver accounts are free, don't worry.

misnad

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Oh this is kewl! Thanks Jane for posting this! I visit Tom's for my daily tech news and it's great to see all these updates! :D Looks like it's going to be a fun little weekend... Oh yea, that's 'cos my Live Gold subscription ran out a week ago :D

G

zoonie,

watching tv shows and movies from netflix on xbox beats out the computer,and to view stuff you need to have a gold subscription, so that is really the only thing worth the fee to have xbox live Gold, though it should be free

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]clm299[/nom]zoonie,watching tv shows and movies from netflix on xbox beats out the computer,and to view stuff you need to have a gold subscription, so that is really the only thing worth the fee to have xbox live Gold, though it should be free[/citation]

I was under the impression that you had to have a Netflix account for that. Meaning it's not really free, you're just paying another company instead. Thus you need to pay Microsoft for GOLD so that you can use the subscribtion plan of another company that you already payed for. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Not to mention, half of the North American contents are nowhere to be found in the rest of the world.

The movies, series, XBL games etc. they must charge for of course, but everybody should get GOLD for free.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
microsoft should allow people to play the games that they purchase without having to additionally pay for xbox live gold

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
There's 360 owners w/o Gold?

Not netflix streaming? Not fragging their friends into a bloody pulp?
How horrible to think people suffer so.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Yes they Rape you on Game disk costs and then spank you with online
charges. It's just like being taxed twice by uncle sam, maybe we should start
a cival war over it?????

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
ok so its free for those who haven't paid.. but what about for those who have? do we get reimbursed? i mean i better have two freakin extra days MS >=[

i pay to play, i can whine if i want

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]On another note, I still say it's ridiculous of MS to charge for something that is free on PC, PS3, Wii etc etc. I don't care what people say, there is nothing free with GOLD worth the subscription fee.[/citation]
I couldn't agree more with the pay to play on-line argument. Seriously though, who has by far the best on-line system/setup/experience (no fanboism here, I don't have Gold any longer)?

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]ok so its free for those who haven't paid.. but what about for those who have? do we get reimbursed? i mean i better have two freakin extra days MS >=[i pay to play, i can whine if i want[/citation]
lets see 2 days out of a 365 day year.

Here is your two cents (not correct, but you get the point)

Status
Not open for further replies.