Question thought on my pc.

Mar 28, 2020
so i have just built my first gaming pc i was wondering how long it will be till i need to upgrade my components i think its mainly my cpu although im having no problems now i feel like i may have went wrong buying a cheaper cpu these are my specs.
cpu: ryzen3 3200g
gpu: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB ARMOR OC Graphics Card
ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 2400mhz
motherboard: asus prime b450m-A
i am happy with my pc and i havnt had no problems with it on anything from fortnite to hellblade 2 the only thing i get sometimes is texture not loading on fortnite i looked it up and people with far better pcs than mine get it too from time to time ...so i dont think its my cpu apart from that iv had no faults at all. Should i upgrade my cpu ? if not how long will this one do the job for ? sorry for the sill question im new to the pc world.

It's hard to say exactly how long components will stay relevant for in the latest games, especially since you can do things like lower graphics settings somewhat to get more performance out of a graphics card.

I would have probably gone for a CPU with more threads than a 4-core, 4-thread model, but a 3200G should still be reasonable in most games for now. If you eventually feel that some games are choking on performance and lowering settings doesn't help much, you may want to look into a CPU upgrade though. AMD has some new CPUs arriving in the coming months, and I wouldn't be surprised to see existing models like the 6-core, 12-thread 3600 drop to around US $150 or so, and that processor should stay relevant longer. If performance seems to be fine enough in the games you play, you probably don't need to rush to upgrade that though.

Reactions: bungles22
Mar 28, 2020
It's hard to say exactly how long components will stay relevant for in the latest games, especially since you can do things like lower graphics settings somewhat to get more performance out of a graphics card.

I would have probably gone for a CPU with more threads than a 4-core, 4-thread model, but a 3200G should still be reasonable in most games for now. If you eventually feel that some games are choking on performance and lowering settings doesn't help much, you may want to look into a CPU upgrade though. AMD has some new CPUs arriving in the coming months, and I wouldn't be surprised to see existing models like the 6-core, 12-thread 3600 drop to around US $150 or so, and that processor should stay relevant longer. If performance seems to be fine enough in the games you play, you probably don't need to rush to upgrade that though.
okay thank you for your advice :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS