thoughts about my build

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
i kept on refining my build as i am looking for a pc that would go into my budget but could be used for about 5 years.here's the specs:

AMD Vishera FX-8320 Black Edition 3.50GHz 8-Core
Sapphire R9-270X Dual X OC 2GB DDR5 Boost Full
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3
Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB Single 1600 CL9
Antec VP550P 550watts 80% efficiency Power Supply
Aerocool V3X
AOC e970Swn 18.5 Led Monitor 1366x768

so is the mobo good for it?would it work?i dont think im really gonna do OC for now.

how about the psu?is it a good psu?

and the memory i think 4gb is enough for now cause thats only i can afford right now.i'll just add another 4gb when i have money.

Solution
hmmmm.... well let me take a deeper look then.

it is am3+ compatible (same socket as the fx8320)

honestly i didnt do a deeper look into it than that.

--

however... if you look here http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4122

the 8320 isnt listed in the supported cpu list. you must have picked an older 970 board which didnt get a bios update to support the new chipsets.

what i would recommend doing is to use pcpartspicker.com and select 8320 as your cpu and have a look at the motherboards it lists (it auto-sorts compatible ones so we dont need to check every single one) and then just pick one with a 970 chipset (you can narrow it down by just picking 970 chipset on the right column)

it looks like you...

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

in one of the threads i read someone said that that mobo is not compatible with 8320 so i really am confused and i dont wanna buy it then it wont work after buying it.

hmmmm.... well let me take a deeper look then.

it is am3+ compatible (same socket as the fx8320)

honestly i didnt do a deeper look into it than that.

--

however... if you look here http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4122

the 8320 isnt listed in the supported cpu list. you must have picked an older 970 board which didnt get a bios update to support the new chipsets.

what i would recommend doing is to use pcpartspicker.com and select 8320 as your cpu and have a look at the motherboards it lists (it auto-sorts compatible ones so we dont need to check every single one) and then just pick one with a 970 chipset (you can narrow it down by just picking 970 chipset on the right column)

it looks like you were right to question it. kudos to you for doing extra research on your own.

Solution

alpinegode

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

ok i have my last question.i saw this mobo Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 and the other one without LE.whats the difference?

not sure without looking at the two side by side... likely one is newer or has additional features.

if you look at the specs the le r2 does have the 8320 listen in its cpu supported specs (provided it ships with the new bios... if not a bios update is needed)