[SOLVED] Thoughts about my Video Editing Build (Ryzen 7)

Oct 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a video editing system. I mostly edit for YouTube. The videos are shot on Sony mirrorless cameras. I will be using Premiere CC for editing, will make title animations in after effects, audition for sound and Photoshop and Illustrator for some graphic works.

Please let me know what you think of this build. I am from Pakistan and there are very few options when it comes to AMD.
Thanks!

Processor
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming AMD AM4 Socket AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon
Graphics Card
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
RAM
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB 3000Bus LPX
Hard Drive

Samsung SSD 250GB 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2
&
Samsung SSD 500GB 860 EVO SATA
Casing

Cooler Master Masterbox MB501L
Power Supply

Thermaltake Litepower 650 W ATX Power Supply

Solution
If you are multitasking then undoubtedly the 2700.the extra cores are hard to not choose for the price point now.

If you want better single core for gaming etc. Then 3600. Depending on the price difference the 3600 is optimal as the price increase doesn't yield much benefit, I opted for the 3600x purely because of the discount I had at the time.
Oct 4, 2019
Thank you @PC Tailor.

I was thinking of putting OS and software on my 250GB m.2 drive, while keeping my project files and footage on the other. I keep hearing this recommendation for video editing setup.

Can you please explain why you think I should go with one drive?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would potentially understand that if it was an SSD paired with a HDD. Because the HDD offers more space for the money simply for storage, and the SSD gives you application load speed and instant access - However if the secondary will also be an SSD, I personally can't see any benefit in seperating the two, they may as well all be on one drive.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you are multitasking then undoubtedly the 2700.the extra cores are hard to not choose for the price point now.

If you want better single core for gaming etc. Then 3600. Depending on the price difference the 3600 is optimal as the price increase doesn't yield much benefit, I opted for the 3600x purely because of the discount I had at the time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS