[SOLVED] Thoughts and opinions on my build

Jan 23, 2019
Hey, im building a new PC that would be used mainly for machine learning and some gaming on the side. I would really appreciate if you could give me some opinions on my build and if there are any parts i should replace with another. Here goes !

AMD Ryzen 3900x (I would be using the stock cooler to save some money)
Gigabyte Aorus x470 gaming 5 (I feel that there is no need for the more expensive x570 as i probably would not use all the new features)
Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Windforce OC / MSI RTX 2060 Super Armor (Im stuck between the two and can't decide which one to go for please give me your opinion on which one is better)
Hyperx Predator RGB 32 GB 3200MHz (This does not need changing as i already got it for a really good price)
EVGA G+ 850W Gold Full Modular (Im not sure whether to get this or the 750W version)
250 GB WD Black NVME M.2 (This would be used for booting up OS)
1 TB Samsung 860 Evo SATA III (Does not need changing as i got it for a good price)

Please give any suggestions if you can, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Solution
You will need a 2nd or 1st gen Ryzen chip to update the bios on that board. If you are not going with a x570 motherboard, then get one that supports bios flashback. Here is a list:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/

You dont need a 850 watt PSU. A quality 550 watt PSU will be plenty to run that rig.

As for the 2060, performance will be near identical between those as the chip inside is the same. Go for the cheaper of the two.

Solution
Jan 23, 2019
You will need a 2nd or 1st gen Ryzen chip to update the bios on that board. If you are not going with a x570 motherboard, then get one that supports bios flashback. Here is a list:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/

You dont need a 850 watt PSU. A quality 550 watt PSU will be plenty to run that rig.

As for the 2060, performance will be near identical between those as the chip inside is the same. Go for the cheaper of the two.
Thank you so much, i did not know that you needed a 1st or 2nd gen chip to update the bios for that board. I appreciate the help !

Jan 23, 2019
I am not completely confident that you will be pleased running that stock cooler on a 12 core chip. You can try it though and switch later if needed.
Yes, i have read some reviews stating that running on a stock cooler would be very hot but im going to monitor its temperature for a week and then decide if i should go for an upgrade. I am also considering maybe downgrading to the 3800x, in that case would the stock cooler be enough for the 3800x ?

It depends on the operation if you need more than the stock cooler for the 3900x. The Wraith Prism is not a bad CPU cooler when you compare it to Intel's stock coolers. Whichever CPU you get, I would hold off on getting an aftermarket cooler and see how your system performs with the Prism as there really is no point in spending money that you dont have too.