Question Thoughts and Theory's on 4060 in May?

Apr 14, 2023
So... IF the 4070 really does not sell well and is a flop (we need more then 2 days to tell), what then happens to the 4060/4060ti?

Do they delay it, cancel it, or even change the spec to 12g?

How could NVIDIA think bringing out an 8g card, that the consumers will completely poop on. At this point, and the reaction to the 4070, I could not even think about paying mor then $250 for an 8g card.

Contrary to the reviews, my daughter is SUPER happy with her ARC A770 16g, that she grabbed for $325. It is running Hogwarts in Untra Setting on 1080, GPU rarely goes above 70% and vram sits around 60%. 60% would be more then 8g NVIDIA.........

Personally, if the 4070 does not sell, I think the 4060 is dead. If I was ASUS/Gigabyte/PNY I would not even touch it.... DAMN EVGA Looks smart right now.

As a side note, the only way I see NVIDIA saving face with the 40xx is to cancel the 4070/4070ti bring out a Super or redoing the other 2 with 16g and tag it at $499-$599. You will have a lot of pissed off remorse buyers, but then again.... How many people bought it.

Just buy AMD or Intel. Problem solved.

On a more serious note, I would hope the 4060 would have 12GB. The 4070 and 4070 Ti should have had no doubt 16GB. Now, another self-sabotaged section of an otherwise great line of products.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023
Just buy AMD or Intel. Problem solved.
Thats not the point of the conversation. But to indulge you a little, I use to own an MS System Builder company Back in the 90's and early 2000's, ATI and AMD bit me in the butt hard with my customers. I know AMD has changed a lot over the years... Like an ex-gf it's hard to build that trust again.
Also.....
I did buy a Intel A770 2 months ago for my daughter. I am sitting on a 3060ti for a little longer.

Well they’ve likely already got the r&d done on the 4060ti and 4060. Do they go ahead and release the cards or slow down to a limited release to where they are out there but so few that barely anyone’s got one? You know many of them have likely already been produced and may be sitting in warehouses.

The 4070 isn’t totally a bad deal. I’m no nvidia fan and have said my next card would likely be amd or Intel but to be honest, if the 4070 starts dropping around the 500 dollar mark or lower, I might reevaluate. Which so far my local microcenter seems to have quite a few of them sitting. So if that’s any indication then they may have to drop that pricing. Although I say I might consider a 4070, my local microcenter also has a 16gb 6800 for 499 right now, and a 6800xt for 569. Why must they bring out these deals right after I’ve just had to spend money to replace my motherboard lol??

Thats not the point of the conversation. But to indulge you a little, I use to own an MS System Builder company Back in the 90's and early 2000's, ATI and AMD bit me in the butt hard with my customers. I know AMD has changed a lot over the years... Like an ex-gf it's hard to build that trust again.
Also.....
I did buy a Intel A770 2 months ago for my daughter. I am sitting on a 3060ti for a little longer.
I can understand. It goes back and forth.

Since you mentioned this earlier, I was an EVGA fan and would buy EVGA over any other Nvidia product if possible. I preferred their GPUs cosmetic designs (although some of their latest designs the past few generations weren't the best) and their customer service and extended warranty programs. I suppose we can all see where their frustration came from dealing with Nvidia and resulting in the dissolvement of their partnership. Nvidia is at the forefront of research and development in this industry. It's a shame they sabotage their own mid-range and even high-end products to make them become obsolete sooner rather than later. I want an expensive GPU to last a good 5 years.

The 4070 would have likely been the card I purchased if I hadn't already bought the RX 6950XT a couple months ago when the price dropped. Part of me would prefer the lower power consumption of the 4070 over the 6950 XT as it consumes nearly half the power and offers nearly the same performance. It is also a reasonable price for a high-end GPU. I'm simply not on the bandwagon of paying $1,000 or more for a GPU, and even $800 seems ridiculous.

Last edited: