[SOLVED] Thoughts on Antec NE600G Zen?

OrNoir

Commendable
Dec 17, 2019
Looking for opinions on the quality of this PSU, or just general thoughts on the reliability of Antec's PSUs. Not worried about whether or not it'll be able to supply my system, as it definitely will, just not sure about how safe a bet it is because I haven't really heard much about Antec's stuff before. Link to it on Antec's site if that helps anyone: https://antec.com/product/power/ne600g-zen.php

Specs just for reference:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
MoBo: MSi B450 Gaming Plus Max
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
Storage: PNY 240GB CS900 SSD, 1.5 TB HDD (not sure of model, was part of a pre-built and I've never bothered checking)

Currently being powered by one of FSP's 600w PSUs so the wattage is definitely fine. While it's coped fine with all upgrades to the system so far and has no problems (or at least none that I can see), it is getting on a fair bit so for safety's sake I think it's time to swap it out.

Last edited:
Solution
Ah. Egg on face moment. Are we talking fire hazard?

No. Even Seasonic's worse is better than some other company's best cough Raidmax cough, cough Aerocool cough

It's new Andyson platform which isn't really known for a good quality stuff but they do have some very high quality platforms. No info on this one tho, it looks like a good one but we haven't seen any thorough reviews yet. It should be okay as budget option tho.

I'm actually a little upset about how good Andyson has gotten recently. And I can't help but think I had something to do with it (EGO!!!!!) :D

Having worked with them back in Ultra and BFG days, I went there hoping they could do something for Corsair. They didn't have...

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
It's new Andyson platform which isn't really known for a good quality stuff but they do have some very high quality platforms. No info on this one tho, it looks like a good one but we haven't seen any thorough reviews yet. It should be okay as budget option tho.

Reactions: OrNoir

OrNoir

Commendable
Dec 17, 2019
What is your budget?

From what i've heard isn't the "Zen" not that bad, but maybe someone here can find you something better for your budget.

Sorry for late reply, thanks for your advice. Went for a Seasonic Core GC-650 in the end just on the basis that it (weirdly) was only a little more where I was buying it from and has two years longer on the warranty. It's a bit overkill for this I know but I felt it's a little more of a known quantity.

OrNoir

Commendable
Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for your help. Yeah, ultimately decided against it because there just seems to be so little info on it.

Sorry for late reply, thanks for your advice. Went for a Seasonic Core GC-650 in the end just on the basis that it (weirdly) was only a little more where I was buying it from and has two years longer on the warranty. It's a bit overkill for this I know but I felt it's a little more of a known quantity.

Umm.... The Zen is better. Sorry.

The Core is Seasonic's absolute cheapest PSU. Single layer PCB. Sleeve bearing fan.

No, its not a fire hazard, at least I would never say that about that unit. Still has a 7 year warranty aswell.

The Antec NEO ECO Gold Zen is based on the same Andyson platform as EVGA GD series (although there is an FSP variant too). From what I hear it's pretty good in general and the price right now is not bad.

Last edited:
Ah. Egg on face moment. Are we talking fire hazard?

No. Even Seasonic's worse is better than some other company's best cough Raidmax cough, cough Aerocool cough

I'm actually a little upset about how good Andyson has gotten recently. And I can't help but think I had something to do with it (EGO!!!!!) :D

Having worked with them back in Ultra and BFG days, I went there hoping they could do something for Corsair. They didn't have enough Chroma 9000's, burn in chambers and needed to implement a shop floor system in order to pass Corsair QC. They did all of the required upgrades, then Corsair said "sorry. We don't need you."

I think the only down side to Andyson is that they have to outsource PCBA (but that's true of Super Flower and Seasonic too) and that they only have two lines.

Solution

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Eh, but both Raidmax's and Aerocool's best are Andyson new LLC platforms based, i'd say they're at least no worse than this Seasonic's single-layer Focus and certainly better than Seasonic S12II/M12II they still sell (not sure if still manufacture tho but stock seems to be endless so they probably do).