[SOLVED] Thoughts on Beelink Mini PC's quality?

Dec 28, 2021
Hi: Planning on buying a Beelink mini PC real soon(14 weeks) What I'm using it for would be a HTPC(need 4K ability,Dolby Atmos pass-thru, etc)(my AVR is a Yamaha RXA-A6A(2021 model), mild gaming,zoom meetings,running a plex server from it(would use ext. HDD from the USB 3.0 ports....might use for more in future but that is what plans are right now.Thinking a Ryzen 7 model is my best route not sure if lower models would meet my needs now or in the future?Thanks for and feedback/advice live in Canada so somewhat limited as where to buy w/good return policy.Budget is around 6oo-700.Thanks again

USAFRet

Titan
Just checked beelink's site can not get the 3550H up here in Canada!!So here is my choice so far....is this one as good & will still do what I want it do do? Which model should I choose or does it matterThanks

https://www.amazon.ca/Beelink-Versatile-Windows-Channel-Graphics/dp/B09J49HS8Z/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2TND3API6LIKW&keywords=beelink+mini+pc&qid=1640725957&sprefix=beelink%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-7
That linked one should be fine.

Be careful on your expectations of Plex.
I tried it...no dice.
Plex does NOT recognize or work with .ISO files.....direct full copy of a DVD.
Which is the majority of my movie library.

Reactions: Techie99
Dec 28, 2021
That linked one should be fine.

Be careful on your expectations of Plex.
I tried it...no dice.
Plex does NOT recognize or work with .ISO files.....direct full copy of a DVD.
Which is the majority of my movie library.

Thanks!!I rip my movies to MKV...I know that is a limitation of plex:) what program do you use for streaming your collection? I've looked at jellyfin seems a bit complex to me???Open to another program but used to using makemkv!!Thanks for the help!!

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks!!I rip my movies to MKV...I know that is a limitation of plex:) what program do you use for streaming your collection? I've looked at jellyfin seems a bit complex to me???Open to another program but used to using makemkv!!Thanks for the help!!
I use VLC. Just drag in the ISO file from File Explorer, play.
That gives full functionality of the original DVD. Scene selection, extras, etc, etc.

D

Deleted member 14196

The build quality is fantastic and I absolutely love mine. I told my brother about them and he bought one too and I absolutely loves his and we’ve had no trouble with them as long as we’ve had them which is well over a year

I usually rip the iso and then use handbreak to rip out the individual episodes or the movie to mp4

I streamed my Apple TV using AirParrot3. Vlc also works

Dec 28, 2021
The build quality is fantastic and I absolutely love mine. I told my brother about them and he bought one too and I absolutely loves his and we’ve had no trouble with them as long as we’ve had them which is well over a year

Thanks which one did you buy? Also I'm guessing these all can pass thru the audio to my above mentioned Yamaha AVR.Went on Amazon usa & can get the 3550H so might just pull trigger tonight..noticed that there is a GTR7 too based on a Ryzen 7-3770?Thinking it is overkill 4 me??Thanks for the help been going cross eyed watching youtube video's!!!LOL

D

Deleted member 14196

While I do use it as a streaming device I’m not sure about the 4K it says that it can handle 4K monitors but for streaming to 4K televisions I’m not sure but it shouldn’t have a problem I’m thinking. Also I have never tested Dolby Atmos so I don’t know