[SOLVED] Thoughts on build/anything to point out?

plummitpvp

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Last edited:
Solution
in that case looks good to me. you may need the mounting bracket for the 212, in which case I suggest getting a deepcool gammax 400. the bracket shipped is 13 bucks and the gammax is 20. keeps my ryzen 1500x 20 degrees cooler than the stock cooler while overclocked to 4.0
Save the money and just stick with the stock cooler for the 3600.

Samsung 860 or Crucial MX500 are better prices and for home use will net you the same performance. You could also go with a NVME M.2 drive

Unless you already have the 1070 or buying one for around 200USD used , although a good card its outdated.

2 minors:
840 is very old series, you will get better performance and support from 850/860 and it should not be much pricier.
212 evo is enough for the cpu but it will be hot/loud. I would take something a bit bigger:
I am a big fan of: Noctua NH-D15 and their big fans. It would give you less audible build and a bit more power as CPU will use all heat headroom you will give it.

and one big:
1070 is old card now. unless you have a very nice deal getting 2060 should give same performance and better power/feature support.

plummitpvp

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
is this the upgrade list or the starting point, what is new?
only want to comment on what is relevant. please post the base system, then the upgrades you are looking at for the best advice.
Everything is base except for CPU, PSU, Mobo, and RAM. My bad on that. Also im going to go with the stock cooler since most people say to use that instead of the fan I already have.

Base: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PlummtPvP/saved/JvBV3C

Upgrade: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PlummtPvP/saved/#view=9zDDxr

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
in that case looks good to me. you may need the mounting bracket for the 212, in which case I suggest getting a deepcool gammax 400. the bracket shipped is 13 bucks and the gammax is 20. keeps my ryzen 1500x 20 degrees cooler than the stock cooler while overclocked to 4.0

Solution