[SOLVED] Thoughts on current build to future upgrade

aXLucifer

Honorable
Apr 30, 2016
I've been planning on a couple of upgrades for my current PC which will be the GPU and PSU.
My current build specs are:

Gigabyte GTX 1070 GPU
i7-8700k CPU
Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 MOBO
G.Skill 32gb (8*4) RAM
NZXT S340 Elite White CASE
Corsair RM650 80+ Gold PSU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 x Cooler

PSU will be upgraded to a Corsair RMX850 80+ Gold.
Leaning towards the MSI RTX 3070 Ventus Triple fan GPU at the moment.

For now, I don't see any issues that could happen.
What does everyone think?

Solution
I don't see any issues that could happen.
if you can find an RTX 3070 anywhere for anything near to the MSRP, it's a decent card.
but i don't see it happening anytime soon unless you get very lucky.
Leaning towards the MSI RTX 3070 Ventus
that MSI version only dictates a 650w power supply, so you may not even need the upgrade there unless you are using an insane amount of connected devices all the time.
I don't see any issues that could happen.
if you can find an RTX 3070 anywhere for anything near to the MSRP, it's a decent card.
Leaning towards the MSI RTX 3070 Ventus
that MSI version only dictates a 650w power supply, so you may not even need the upgrade there unless you are using an insane amount of connected devices all the time.

Solution

aXLucifer

Honorable
Apr 30, 2016

The RTX 3070 prices are starting off at around $1500 for me, which if I remember, was around the price I saw when they were first released. Everything is expensive where I live.
As for the 850W, I guess it probably is a bit much, I was just thinking of other upgrades down the line, but I think the GPU and PSU could be the last upgrades I do for this PC.

Reactions: Why_Me

aXLucifer

Honorable
Apr 30, 2016
the MSRP starts right at $500 for an FE and maxes at $900 for the nicer 3rd party editions.
i wouldn't pay any more than $100 over what the particular card's MSRP was.

you're only feeding the scalping engine out there buy giving in to their insane prices.

New Zealand has always had high prices for everything. $1500 is pretty normal at this point for RTX 3070. Cheapest I've probably seen here

Reactions: Why_Me
New Zealand has always had high prices for everything. $1500 is pretty normal at this point for RTX 3070. Cheapest I've probably seen here
this isn't because of your location. this is due to the current GPU market.
since the RTX 3000 series dropped there has been insufficient stock and has lead to the majority of cards being scalped by jerks trying to make insane profits off of people who don't know any better or just like to blow money.

do not feed the scalping engine.
just wait til you get the chance to get something either at MSRP or something else to hold you over until the market improves.

this isn't because of your location. this is due to the current GPU market.
since the RTX 3000 series dropped there has been insufficient stock and has lead to the majority of cards being scalped by jerks trying to make insane profits off of people who don't know any better or just like to blow money.

do not feed the scalping engine.
just wait til you get the chance to get something either at MSRP or something else to hold you over until the market improves.
NZ has some off the hook prices due to location and VAT although I agree the shortage has only made it worse. ATM $1 USD = $1.45 NZ dollar. Throw in VAT and shipping cost and doing a NZ build is a nightmare.