Thoughts on Gaming Build?

G

Hello, I will be using this for gaming on Far Cry 4 and a few GPU demanding games. How will this play? Is it good for a $900 budget? I went a little bit over but that's fine.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T68JGX
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T68JGX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($71.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($23.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $963.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-05 00:38 EST-0500

Thank you.

Solution
The 290 should easily be able to run Far Cry 4, and other taxing games. The build you have is solid in and out, and I can see you did not cut any corners. Good Job. I approve this build as good! lol

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Great build from top to bottom. About the best bang for buck you can get with the exception of the gold rated psu which is a little overkill. I would go with the XFX 550w 80+ Bronze that retails for around $50 unless you really want the more awesomer Gold rated one haha :)

TofuLion

Admirable
might consider a bigger PSU to allow more overclocking headroom for the power hungry r9 290, but that's only if you can stabilize the temps :) consider budgeting in a more efficient and effect card like a gtx 970 variant. other than that, looks pretty solid for the budget

G

Thanks for the quick reply, I think I will stick with the PSU just in case, maybe I will need it the future :p . Will this run Far Cry 4?

Thanks for the quick reply, I don't think I will be overclocking the CPU (I can't anyways) or GPU ever so yea. I can't fit the GTX 970 in the my budget right now so that's out :( . I'll probably buy a new GPU later on though.

Thanks again guys.

TofuLion

Admirable
another thought, you have a microATX motherboard, with a ATX mid tower. might consider getting the full sized board (should be only a few bucks more) because it should have more sata ports/pci slots. allows for better upgrading in the future is all.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Here is a 750w Antec Gold for $49 after rebate. Seasonic makes both Antec and XFX so this is a better deal for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371073&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

G

Thanks for the reply, yes, I tried my hardest to make the most out of my money :p, thanks for the answer, I think I will begin ordering the parts by next week.

I'm already way above my budget so I think I will stick with the microATX motherboard, I won't be upgrading much anyways except the CPU, GPU, maybe add more RAM, and a better wireless network adapter, other than thought I think I am good. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Oh okay, thanks for this, less money :), I'll change my build right now.