Thoughts on MSI gtx 970 100ME

mario7770

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 24, 2013
hey guys,
Sorry for my bad english! Well, I thought of upgrading my current R9 270x to a gtx 970...First of all is it a good upgrade?
Well the only thing that is on my mind is the MSI Gtx 970 100 ME edition card...Since I have a Gigabyte G1 sniper B5 Gaming mother board which emits green light, I thought this would be a perfect match to my case (Armegeddon T7).
So my question is, Is this card good enough than other competitors like EVGA, GIGABYTE, ASUS and even their own Red MSI? I believe this is a limited edition so In couple of months the Company will stop manufacturing it!
anyways in my country, I have to pay another $100 dollars for this card to buy it(same applies to all card brands except gigabyte. Where for Gigabyte I have to pay more than 100 dollars) :( ...

Also Will I be able to play all titles in good fps @ 1080p 60Hz monitor?

thanx in advance

Ok Go

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
let me ask you, are you willing to spend 100$ more on the same performance for the sake of aesthetic? if yes then go for it.

but IMO you'd rather save the 100$ to upgrade other things or maybe buy something nice for your loved ones since there will be very little difference performance-wise. that ME thingy still uses the same twin-frozr cooler as the normal msi twin-frozr card.

on games available today 970 is expected to do very well on 1080p and even on 1440p on most games with little to no setting tweaks. this is considering you has an equally capable processor to go with it (ie. i5)