Question Thoughts on my new mITX build

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
After years since I build my first gaming pc, it is time to build a new one. Since I wanted a more compact pc I am thinking of going with a mini-ITX build.
The build is almost finished (everything except PSU) but i have a few questions.

Build for 1440p 144hz gaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TbbzRv
(NOTE: I already bought the GPU for 375 euros/ 390 usd second hand)

First question: does the cooler fit inside the nr200 case?
Second question: I was thinking about 750w psu, any recommendations?
Third question: Before I built this I was thinking and looking at DDR5 (future proofing my build) is this worth it?
Fourth question: Other recommendations or changes on this build? (everyhting can change except the GPU)

Thanks in advance!

After years since I build my first gaming pc, it is time to build a new one. Since I wanted a more compact pc I am thinking of going with a mini-ITX build.
The build is almost finished (everything except PSU) but i have a few questions.

Build for 1440p 144hz gaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TbbzRv
(NOTE: I already bought the GPU for 375 euros/ 390 usd second hand)

First question: does the cooler fit inside the nr200 case?
Second question: I was thinking about 750w psu, any recommendations?
Third question: Before I built this I was thinking and looking at DDR5 (future proofing my build) is this worth it?
Fourth question: Other recommendations or changes on this build? (everyhting can change except the GPU)

Thanks in advance!
Personally would go Zen on AM5 because they’ve committed to supporting the socket for a long time whereas on the 12th gen chipset you’re likely to only have an upgrade path to the already released 13th gen.

check the manufacturers guide for the cooler, the case will have a max CPU cooler height on the website and the cooler will have the height. Personally would go watercooled in a SFF with a 240mm rad. So the GPU has more space to breathe.

A solid 750W from EVGA, corsair or Seasonic is good. My itx has a EVGA unit in it and has been fine for years. SFX is quite expensive but is recommended for SFX even if the case supports an ATX unit. Just gives you a lot of valuable space

Also just buy a windows licence key for like $10-20 instead of buying the full licence.

Reactions: Sjnokkem

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Personally would go Zen on AM5 because they’ve committed to supporting the socket for a long time whereas on the 12th gen chipset you’re likely to only have an upgrade path to the already released 13th gen.

check the manufacturers guide for the cooler, the case will have a max CPU cooler height on the website and the cooler will have the height. Personally would go watercooled in a SFF with a 240mm rad. So the GPU has more space to breathe.

A solid 750W from EVGA, corsair or Seasonic is good. My itx has a EVGA unit in it and has been fine for years. SFX is quite expensive but is recommended for SFX even if the case supports an ATX unit. Just gives you a lot of valuable space

Also just buy a windows licence key for like $10-20 instead of buying the full licence.
Thanks for the reply, I was looking at AM5 parts but find it quite expensive (especially the motherboards) there are almost no motherboards that are mITX and dont cost under 350.

For the watercooling part I am not confident, the setup will be moved from time to time (lan party) so i thought it would be risky to water cool it.

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at AM5 parts but find it quite expensive (especially the motherboards) there are almost no motherboards that are mITX and dont cost under 350.

For the watercooling part I am not confident, the setup will be moved from time to time (lan party) so i thought it would be risky to water cool it.

Depends how long you can wait. There’s a B650under 300 I can see but don’t know where you are.

AIOs are fairly safe to be transported. More so than air maybe as the weight isn’t ratcheted to the MB. Joe take sure the highest point of the loop isn’t the pump.

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Depends how long you can wait. There’s a B650under 300 I can see but don’t know where you are.

AIOs are fairly safe to be transported. More so than air maybe as the weight isn’t ratcheted to the MB. Joe take sure the highest point of the loop isn’t the pump.
After comparing am5 with la1700 I will go with a ASRock z690m and i512600k since it has better deals atm in Belgium.

I probably will go with water cooling since it takes less space like you said. Any recommandtions on which are goo around 100 euros/ 120usd?

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
After comparing am5 with la1700 I will go with a ASRock z690m and i512600k since it has better deals atm in Belgium.

I probably will go with water cooling since it takes less space like you said. Any recommandtions on which are goo around 100 euros/ 120usd?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P3Wqgb
This is what I got now, prices are not the same in my region. Windows i will buy cheaper ofc. Only need a cooler now.

They’re basically all the same as they all use the same parts due to patents. Maybe the Corsair H100x or the be quiet pure loop 240. Think your case supports 280mm rads on the side but 240mm would be easier and gives you more space.