[SOLVED] Thoughts on New Build

Eric92

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2014
I'm finally upgrading my 4790K and just wanted to get some thoughts on the mobo, ram, cpu combo. I've already got the system pretty much upgraded to where I want it now. PSU, case, cooling, gpu, etc.
Never built with AMD and am open to other mobos/ram or recommendations. I'm not too picky.

CPU: 5600X
Mobo: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3800 MHZ 16GB (8x2)

And here's my full system in case anyone's curious. System

I did have one question regarding this PC Part Picker warning as well. Never seen it before. Anyone shed some light on that? Any reason to be concerned?
3XSqPcU.png

Solution
On the warning - There are no motherboard chipsets that were made on/after Ryzen 5000 series CPUs, so ALL the mobos will need a BIOS update first to support the Ryzen 5000 CPUs. Many B550/X570 mobos include a feature called "BIOS Flashback" where you don't need a CPU installed to perform the BIOS update, so check that. Otherwise, you'll need a 3000 or older CPU installed to perform the BIOS update.

As time goes on, it becomes more likely that manufacturers will update/ship boards with 5000 series capable BIOSes, but that's always a gamble.
On the warning - There are no motherboard chipsets that were made on/after Ryzen 5000 series CPUs, so ALL the mobos will need a BIOS update first to support the Ryzen 5000 CPUs. Many B550/X570 mobos include a feature called "BIOS Flashback" where you don't need a CPU installed to perform the BIOS update, so check that. Otherwise, you'll need a 3000 or older CPU installed to perform the BIOS update.

As time goes on, it becomes more likely that manufacturers will update/ship boards with 5000 series capable BIOSes, but that's always a gamble.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS