Thoughts on this Asus?

Endeblik

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Being too lazy to do a proper research and too clumsy to even attempt this sort of procedure, I finally admit that I will never be able to build a PC. I am now wondering whether I should buy the right components and hire someone to do the job for me or simply get a prebuilt machine.

What do you think about this little guy? I plan on playing games such as Diablo III and LoL. Will it suffice?

Terrible build to be honest mate. Sorry about being to honest. How about find the parts and bring to stores like Centre Com, CPL to build it for you. It will cost a $100 though.

So please provide the budget and I will find one the parts and list it here for you.

PC suggested by i7Baby is good indeed. PC building is a fun. Don't give up on it. It gives you the ultimate flexibility in choosing components that you want. Check this list. All options are from Aus based retailers. If still not confident, have someone build it for you. Just make sure that you get involve in PC building as well to learn from it. You'll enjoy. It is not rocket science at all. :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($269.00 @ Centre Com)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($75.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($102.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($135.00 @ Centre Com)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($61.00 @ Centre Com)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX Video Card ($459.00 @ PLE Computers)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($99.00 @ PLE Computers)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($19.00 @ CPL Online)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($115.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $1602.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-08 20:26 EST+1100

The asus machine is ok, it will game reasonably well, but way overpriced for what you get. i7Baby's suggestion is much better. To be honest, if you want to game on PC, you will come across issues from time to time with your rig, and it is better to learn to build yourself so you have some understanding if things do go wrong. Have a look at the other builds on the pccasegear site, they are actually pretty well priced surprisingly. Even some of the $1000'ish builds would do a decent job for what you want.