[SOLVED] Thoughts on this build?

imhelpless

Commendable
Jan 25, 2018
This is sort of a general build im thinking of doing. What are your thoughts?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400Mhz, Hopefully 2666Mhz as sales are always happening in my country (NZ)
Mother Board: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
PSU: HYDRO G 650W
STORAGE: Intel 760p Series M.2 2280

Solution
I would definitely consider faster ram-around the 3000-3200mhz for ryzen as it will make a significant difference on ryzen.
A 2nd storage device would be great for games/media-you can easily get a cheap WD or Seagate drive for a great price. Generally I'd say get a PSU from a well regarded manufacturer such as Seasonic but surprisingly the one you have chosen seems to review quite well so I think it'll do its job.
I would definitely consider faster ram-around the 3000-3200mhz for ryzen as it will make a significant difference on ryzen.
A 2nd storage device would be great for games/media-you can easily get a cheap WD or Seagate drive for a great price. Generally I'd say get a PSU from a well regarded manufacturer such as Seasonic but surprisingly the one you have chosen seems to review quite well so I think it'll do its job.

Solution

imhelpless

Commendable
Jan 25, 2018
Ok cheers, thanks for the reply. Also sorry forgot to add I currently have about 2TB of hdd storage on my current pc (RX 470, i5-6400). And pretty interesting about the ram, found a thread that explained it quite nicely.

imhelpless

Commendable
Jan 25, 2018
Ok so this is now my current build, looked up some parts through pcpartpicker.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: Kingston Predator 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz
MOTHER BOARD: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
STORAGE: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2 (already 2TB HDD have on current pc)

Also just curious. My current PC has a 500W PSU, would that be enough to power this system or will I need to upgrade it to the PSU I had listed before?

PSU: HYDRO G 650W

PCPartPicker List: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/Cozza409/saved/zWkzYJ

Just make sure your ram is on the manufacturer's QVL to avoid any nasty surprises-chances are that it'll work fine, especially once you update the bios but best to be sure. As far as your old PSU it will greatly depend on its quality and age. I always like to err on the side of caution and go a bit overboard with the max psu wattage just to give myself a bit extra headroom.