Question Thoughts on this high end build?

sammb7560

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm building a new PC. However, I need to get some opinions on my setup of my MB, CPU, Cooler and RAM and whether they will all fit together as I know my cooler is massive. TIA

New build specs-
Processor - i7 8700K OC'd to 5.0ghz
Graphics Card - Zotac GTX 1080 8GB AMP! EXTREME
Motherboard - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000
Hard Drive - 1TB Seagate Baracuda
External Hard Drive - Samsung M3 1TB Portable
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
PSU - Corsair 1000W Gold Modular Power Supply
Cooler- be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4
Case- Corsair CC-9011119-WW Carbide SPEC-OMEGA Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case - Black/White

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Didn't I see a variant of this yesterday?

Power supply is overkill, a 650W would be plenty.

I would probably go with an RTX2070 unless that GTX1080 is used and cheap.

I see no issues with compatibility. LPX memory is a good choice for fitting under large coolers.

A little more expensive, but I would consider the 9700k if this is exclusively for gaming and not streaming or multitasking.

sammb7560

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
Didn't I see a variant of this yesterday?

Power supply is overkill, a 650W would be plenty.

I would probably go with an RTX2070 unless that GTX1080 is used and cheap.

I see no issues with compatibility. LPX memory is a good choice for fitting under large coolers.

A little more expensive, but I would consider the 9700k if this is exclusively for gaming and not streaming or multitasking.
I bought the 1000w 3 years ago when i knew nothing about PC's & the 1080 is in my current system. I did post this yesterday but with different questions and no one replied! :) I am going to be streaming and rendering so the 8700k is perfect for me, was just worried about wheteher it will all fit together as the cooler is massive and didn't know If i need lower profile RAM

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, I usually troll trawl in the unanswered questions, but I try to focus on more difficult ones. Wonder why that went unanswered.

If you already have the GPU and the PSU, then I see nothing wrong. LPX is a little taller than bare memory, but only by a few millimeters. I happen to think it looks cool as well.

sammb7560

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
Oh, I usually troll trawl in the unanswered questions, but I try to focus on more difficult ones. Wonder why that went unanswered.

If you already have the GPU and the PSU, then I see nothing wrong. LPX is a little taller than bare memory, but only by a few millimeters. I happen to think it looks cool as well.
thank you :)