[SOLVED] Thoughts on this keyboard

Hi,im looking to buy a gaming,TKL,mechanical,RGB keyboard.
I was looking at the K552 from Redragon buy seems to lack some features that i want and its just to basic for me.
I suppose u havent heard of FANTECH.
I ordered their mouse pad and some high-end headphones from their lineup,and i gotta say,they didnt dissapoint me.
Anyhow,back to the keyboard,this is what caught my eye.

Optical blue switches.I dont know much about the difference between BLUE and OPTICAL BLUE switches,havent had a mechanical keyboard in my setup before.
They say its water proof and they legit have a video of dipping the whole keyboard in water so im quessing its 100% waterproof.Which is nice for cleaning.
The build seems 'strong' if that is the word.Bunch of RGB modes,software.
I really think this keyboard is good for 60$.
What about you?

Solution
To pick a keyboard, start with what you need and what you want and then pick the keyboard based on those parameters. What do you want in a keyboard switch? What is your use case?

I personally am using a GMK full-size, with Gateron brown switches -- I switched to Cherrys for awhile, but I just preferred the Gateron -- a Cherry Black spacebar (my aging hand has a heavy thumb), and Kailh Box Jades for the number pad. The switches are all chosen for very specific reasons. The Jades, I like clicky because when I work with the number pad, I want to hear keystrokes register, but I don't want most of the keys having clicks because I'll occasionally look up something with the keyboard if I'm on the radio or TV.

So, what qualities do YOU want...
Should i buy a TKL or a full size?
I mean i like how small TKL is but i when i think about it,i actually use numpad for GTA,and sometimes for day to day use.
I like that keyboard,but it isnt available in my country.
What about this one?

What size keyboard to get is totally up to you. Only difference is the number pad for many of them, depends on what you are comparing though. Full size keyboard you can get more keys like media or macro dedicated ones that are often not in TKL and smaller keyboards.

They also make keyboards with numpads that are more compact (some prices are a bit high but just as examples)
https://www.amazon.com/Keychron-Mec...t=&hvlocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-872172596535

https://www.newegg.com/p/32N-0026-004M8?Item=9SIA4REBV95104

https://www.amazon.com/Leopold-FC980M-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry/dp/B0778GBJCT

The more generic keyboard makers are pretty much the same, just check what switches they use and types of keycaps. ABS plastic is cheaper but also wears out faster than PBT and feel slicker with less grab on the fingers. Switch brands, the lowest is the Outemu or cheaper house brands which many cheaper brands use, they are OK but lack some smoothness and feel quality that higher end ones have. If going by cost as the main factor, it's good enough thought.

You can find what an optical keyboard switch is online vs a fully mechanical one. I have a keyboard with optical Red switches (by Gateron) and I like them a lot, smoother feel to them. Speed of how they react I don't really notice, just the typing feel.

Reactions: Dj0gany
What size keyboard to get is totally up to you. Only difference is the number pad for many of them, depends on what you are comparing though. Full size keyboard you can get more keys like media or macro dedicated ones that are often not in TKL and smaller keyboards.

They also make keyboards with numpads that are more compact (some prices are a bit high but just as examples)
https://www.amazon.com/Keychron-Mec...t=&hvlocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-872172596535

https://www.newegg.com/p/32N-0026-004M8?Item=9SIA4REBV95104

https://www.amazon.com/Leopold-FC980M-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry/dp/B0778GBJCT

The more generic keyboard makers are pretty much the same, just check what switches they use and types of keycaps. ABS plastic is cheaper but also wears out faster than PBT and feel slicker with less grab on the fingers. Switch brands, the lowest is the Outemu or cheaper house brands which many cheaper brands use, they are OK but lack some smoothness and feel quality that higher end ones have. If going by cost as the main factor, it's good enough thought.

You can find what an optical keyboard switch is online vs a fully mechanical one. I have a keyboard with optical Red switches (by Gateron) and I like them a lot, smoother feel to them. Speed of how they react I don't really notice, just the typing feel.
thx for reply.I decided im gonna go with a full size one,havent really choosen which one yet,but i have a few in mind

DSzymborski

Titan
To pick a keyboard, start with what you need and what you want and then pick the keyboard based on those parameters. What do you want in a keyboard switch? What is your use case?

I personally am using a GMK full-size, with Gateron brown switches -- I switched to Cherrys for awhile, but I just preferred the Gateron -- a Cherry Black spacebar (my aging hand has a heavy thumb), and Kailh Box Jades for the number pad. The switches are all chosen for very specific reasons. The Jades, I like clicky because when I work with the number pad, I want to hear keystrokes register, but I don't want most of the keys having clicks because I'll occasionally look up something with the keyboard if I'm on the radio or TV.

So, what qualities do YOU want?

As for optical vs. non-optical, the actuation of the former is triggered by light.

Solution

So, what qualities do YOU want?

As for optical vs. non-optical, the actuation of the former is triggered by light.
I would like a:
Full size mechanical keyboard
I dont mind the clickyness of the blue switches
I really want a good optimized RGB software and many custom RGB lighting options
I would preffer the colour black since that is the dominating color in my setup
To be around 80$
Bluetooth or wired,doesnt really matter to me.

I would like a:
Full size mechanical keyboard
I dont mind the clickyness of the blue switches
I really want a good optimized RGB software and many custom RGB lighting options
I would preffer the colour black since that is the dominating color in my setup
To be around 80$
Bluetooth or wired,doesnt really matter to me.

If you want good RBG control and a full keyboard with a num pad then the main gaming brands are the ones to go to, Corsiar, Logitech, HyperX, I'd say Razer with their new switches but those are quite a bit over your budget, and Razer quality has been a bit poor although the new products seem to be better.

Corsair K60, K68 are good. https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mech...ywords=corsair+keyboard&qid=1611096663&sr=8-8

If you want a lighter and smoother switch this one is good, I owned one for a bit, nice keys, fast response and quick typing https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperx...b-back-lighting-black/6276206.p?skuId=6276206

If you want good RBG control and a full keyboard with a num pad then the main gaming brands are the ones to go to, Corsiar, Logitech, HyperX, I'd say Razer with their new switches but those are quite a bit over your budget, and Razer quality has been a bit poor although the new products seem to be better.

Corsair K60, K68 are good. https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mech...ywords=corsair+keyboard&qid=1611096663&sr=8-8

If you want a lighter and smoother switch this one is good, I owned one for a bit, nice keys, fast response and quick typing https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperx...b-back-lighting-black/6276206.p?skuId=6276206
What do you think about this one?
I would pair it with my G203 Lightsync (is there some software to sync the rgb on my mouse and keyboard?) and it seems pretty good for what i want,its 80$ in my local store

DSzymborski

Titan
And don't forget the custom keycaps!

20210104-151537-1.jpg

Reactions: Dj0gany and Nemesia

DSzymborski

Titan
What do you think about this one?
I would pair it with my G203 Lightsync (is there some software to sync the rgb on my mouse and keyboard?) and it seems pretty good for what i want,its 80$ in my local store

Probably fine. The Romer-G switches feel a bit like mushy browns to me, but your mileage may vary. Do take into account that the Logitech you linked is not an RGB keyboard, it's just backlit in red, so there's nothing to sync a mouse with other than just make the mouse red.

Damn.
I really wanted it ti be rgb,what about this one?
It has a lot of multimedia keys which may come in handy since im still in school and like skipping sime songs in spotify.
Also i dont mind blue switches
What is the difference between normal blue switches and outemu blue switches?

Damn.
I really wanted it ti be rgb,what about this one?
It has a lot of multimedia keys which may come in handy since im still in school and like skipping sime songs in spotify.
Also i dont mind blue switches
What is the difference between normal blue switches and outemu blue switches?

There are no "normal" switches, there is a more common switch, which is the MX brand that most mainstream vendors use, and the other switch vendors tend to name their switches after the MX ones. There are several brands I like better than MX, but those are the most common ones in brands like Corsiar. Like I said before, the Outemu switches are one of the cheaper ones, they tend to not be as smooth or as good feeling but you would need to compare them to several other brands to know the difference. If your main thing is RGB and good software, stick with the major brands not the cheaper ones, mostly due to software being better done.

There are no "normal" switches, there is a more common switch, which is the MX brand that most mainstream vendors use, and the other switch vendors tend to name their switches after the MX ones. There are several brands I like better than MX, but those are the most common ones in brands like Corsiar. Like I said before, the Outemu switches are one of the cheaper ones, they tend to not be as smooth or as good feeling but you would need to compare them to several other brands to know the difference. If your main thing is RGB and good software, stick with the major brands not the cheaper ones, mostly due to software being better done.
Thx

@DSzymborski @hang-the-9 @Nemesia
I would like to inform you gentlemen that i bought Redragon K551.
I've used this one basically 24/7 for 2 years in a game caffee that i bassically spent 5 hours daily back in 2018/19 and really liked it,so i decided to buy it and boy am i satisfied.
I'll post a picture in this thread about my setup,so if you want to suggest something else for the setup.
I cant thank you all enough,because without you i would probably buy some crap that i wouldnt be satisfied with.
Thank you all again : )